Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to add strobes to preview

prevue12

I have a 180 degree mega tree with old school super strings, made using the built in features of S5. This tree consists of eight sections, I want to add the strobe strings in the preview by adding another set of light strings using the options available. The issue is I want them all on the same channel, the strobes will be all on or all off, not broken in to segments. S5 wants to make them all have separate channels and I want them all on one.  Is there an easy way to do this so I don't get the conflict warnings?  

Last minute addition to the show, I should know better by now. 

I'm pulling up mine to see what I did, but I know I had no trouble doing what you are trying to do...

OK, here is the Prop definition for a string of strobes on my eves.  In this case, there are 6 strobes, but you could make as many as you want.  Each strobe can be placed anywhere on the preview that you want.  Does this help?

Strobes_in_Preview.png

Remember you can also select the type of strobe you want under bulb properties and select the size and transparency of them.

Jim I was hoping to make it part of the prop that is already defined. Making another item that placed over it, is an option, just not preferred. 

Was hoping to add the lights using a the CUSTOM option, then set what is all eight segments to one channel.  

1564206266_megastrobes3.thumb.png.ef162ec843f2ac92c0a030d85ee4acab.png1564206266_megastrobes3.thumb.png.ef162ec843f2ac92c0a030d85ee4acab.png

Jim, Thanks for giving it the time to think about it.  I kind of figured I wasn't going to be able to do it.  Since I am in the minority trying to stick having a majority of Christmas lights, I don't see this being a priority for LOR, when most are going to pixels vs old school lights, and I can live with that. 

I don't think it has anything to do with old school lights vs pixels.  There is no way to have different types of lights in a single prop.  In my case with the strobes I showed above, the strobes are interspersed between pixels on the eves, but separate props.

Not so much about different kind of lights, it having one set on each bundle to have the same controller and channel. S5 does not like that. 

The pixel reference is that, I don't expect LOR too spend time and money on this since most people are going to pixels, why invest in the "past".  

2 hours ago, prevue12 said:

Not so much about different kind of lights, it having one set on each bundle to have the same controller and channel. S5 does not like that. 

Maybe I did not understand what you are trying to do.  S5 has no problem at all with multiple lights on the same channel.  The red arrow is the key.  The green oval is a dropdown to select what channel is to be used.  IMPORTANT:  You still need to manually enter the channel information (the blue oval).  You can re-use ANY channel in the preview.

S5_Use-the-same-channel-as.png