Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Networks on an SD Card

FallsSD

I have a G3 Director and wanted to run 2 networks, one being the LOR pixel trees and the other being a wireless network for the other controllers.  I have the pro level software and I have my pixel trees on regular 500k enhanced and everything else on AUX A at 57.6k.  When I go to create an SD Card Show I get "The maximum number of networks or DMX universes supported is 1.  Additional auxiliary networks or DMX universes beyond this maximum will be ignored."  Does this combination work on the director?  Or would I be better off putting my computer where my director is?  Both networks work from my computer, it would just be cumbersome to move it. 

9 hours ago, FallsSD said:

I have a G3 Director and wanted to run 2 networks, one being the LOR pixel trees and the other being a wireless network for the other controllers.  I have the pro level software and I have my pixel trees on regular 500k enhanced and everything else on AUX A at 57.6k.  When I go to create an SD Card Show I get "The maximum number of networks or DMX universes supported is 1.  Additional auxiliary networks or DMX universes beyond this maximum will be ignored."  Does this combination work on the director?  Or would I be better off putting my computer where my director is?  Both networks work from my computer, it would just be cumbersome to move it. 

First off, when you say wireless are you using LOR Easy Light Linkers or something else?  

Also on the G3 or G4 {actually any multi-network capable} Director units, any older Controllers {pre Gen 3} or Easy Light Linkers MUST be on the 1st Network, which would be Network 1 and be set as Regular, 57.6K, NON-Enhanced.   At least this is how I have to set up my older CTB16PC Controllers {G2 units} because the Director gets its power from the 1st CTB16PC AC Controller and this will only work on the Regular Network, Network 1, as any of the other network jacks {*network 2, 3 or 4} WILL NOT supply power to the Director unit.  *The number of Networks depends on which model of the Director you have.   I have the N4-G3 {G4} Director and it has 4 Network outputs, some only had 1, some only have 2/

RGB Controllers WILL NOT supply power to any of the Directors, only a CTB16PC controller can do this, and it MUST be on Network 1, Regular Network as the Director will only supply power from the Regular Network jack.  

If you're using external power to the Director, then this may not hold true, but you have to make sure the Director knows you're using an external power supply by removing or changing a jumper on the Director.  Otherwise, this may also cause you issues.

If not using external power to your Director then your RGB items should be on Network 2, which would be Aux A, 500K, Enhanced.  

This may be why you are getting errors or having issues.  Try doing this and see if this resolves your issues.

Good Luck.

• The topic was locked