Light-O-Rama Forums

LoadLibrary 87 Error when using remote desktop Windows 10

jfrisina04

so I am trying to use remote desktop from a Win10 machine to my LOR laptop that is a Win10 also and keep getting this error (see attachment). I have tried all the tips from the internet from running scans, updating video cards, renaming and ati file. Looking to see if anyone had any luck with fixing this issue.

Thank you in advance

Jason

https://www.facebook.com/frisinafamilylights

Loadlibrary Error.PNG

If you are hoping to sequence over a remote connection, forget it, there will be too much lag.

LOR also needs local files to work so you will need an install on both machines.

A little more info might help as to what you are trying to accomplish.

There are a lot of things you can do with RDC (or VNC) without any noticeable lag if you are on a Wired LAN. 

But LOR uses a lot of intense graphics modules, and that does not deal well with the remote video drivers.

You might get away with changing a schedule  or maybe HU,  remotely , but I would be real surprised if the sequence editors would work well, if at all.

6 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

There are a lot of things you can do with RDC (or VNC) without any noticeable lag if you are on a Wired LAN. 

But LOR uses a lot of intense graphics modules, and that does not deal well with the remote video drivers.

You might get away with changing a schedule  or maybe HU,  remotely , but I would be real surprised if the sequence editors would work well, if at all.

Thank you for that info. Thats gotta be it.  Ill just go back to my old way. Its worked for this long.

• The topic was locked