Light-O-Rama Forums

Previews Disappeared from Preview Window!?

MSB

I'm running S5 v5.5.6 Pro. I have 46 Previews created and they reside in the \LOR\ImportExport folder along with 59 Prop files that I created for this year's show. I was working on the sequencing yesterday morning and all was good. I opened up the sequencer a few minutes ago and the sequence I was working on yesterday and I got a warning the preview could not be found and it created a new preview from Sequence I opened.  I opened the preview window and sure enough all of the previews that I created from all of our stages, etc. are not listed. What the heck is going on? I'm really nervous now!

The previews you have in the import/export folder, are exported files, not the working Preview. The actual previews are kept in \commondata\LORPreviews.xml.

S5 keeps a backup .BAK file which may help you out. I also make my own backups of the file periodically.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:23 AM, MSB said:

I have 46 Previews created and they reside in the \LOR\ImportExport folder

As Phil said, that is not your active previews.  My question is what do you need 46 previews on one show?  Unless you are doing something really odd, you likely only need one for this year's Christmas show.  You may have a couple revisions, but generally only one will be used for all sequences each year.

41 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

As Phil said, that is not your active previews.  My question is what do you need 46 previews on one show?  Unless you are doing something really odd, you likely only need one for this year's Christmas show.  You may have a couple revisions, but generally only one will be used for all sequences each year.

Darn, I thought I had a lot until Phil helped me out. I had bunches but not that many on my screen at once.

JR

Our show is over a mile long and we have 12 stages for musical sequencing plus 12 more animated areas plus amimates panels. Adds up fast! 

10 hours ago, MSB said:

Our show is over a mile long and we have 12 stages for musical sequencing plus 12 more animated areas plus amimates panels.

Got it.