Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO System

AllAmericanJock

I am new to all of this, but have been looking around the Lights O Rama site. My question, is the TSO system a complete system. 

Define Complete.  ;)

The Starter kit has NO LIGHTS, No extension cords to the lights or the heavy ones to the controller from the wall outlets.

There are no Props (you need to supply bushes, trees or a house :p ) to hang the lights ,that did not come with the kit,  on to.

Oh I almost forgot: It does  only have a small FM transmitter, but no amplifier and speakers for the site (if your site allows)

What it has is sequences WITH TSO music. For most other sequences, the matching Music needs to be purchased elsewhere. (NB I thought this would be a piece of cake because I have an extensive LP and CD collection. Ha! Turns out there are different versions of band xyz playing  the tune you need that matches the one the sequence was done to. )

All jokes aside. Welcome to our addiction. Those kits are a solid starting point, but they still need YOU to make the display site.

My first year, I simply inserted the AC controller in between the Outlet and my existing strings (I already had strings and cords) and did a simple sequence to make them do more than just stay ON .

What type of speaker do you recommend, I live in a 2018 built house. I have a covered porch. I used a Mr Christmas lights and sounds of Christmas last year and had alot of positive comments from neighbors and friends. I want to do more, that's why intrested in the TSO starter system. 

For years I used a boombox tuned to my FM frequency. Depends how much you want to annoy the neighbors. If you don't want to mess with amps then a decent full range self powered speaker would work providing it has analog audio in. You do NOT want Bluetooth  or wireless as the wireless  technology introduces delay, destroying all that carefully synchronized sequencing.

Some Bluetooth speakers also have an analog in besides and they usually work too.

Just for monitoring purposes and occasional foot traffic  I use this.

https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+FLIP+5-.html?dwvar_JBL FLIP 5-_color=Blue-USA-Current&cgid=bluetooth-speakers#start=1

But again make sure the current models have an Aux in analog in. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they cut it out.

I SAID be sure it has an analog input which mine has. NOT using the Bluetooth. Try reading it again.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

I SAID be sure it has an analog input which mine has. NOT using the Bluetooth. Try reading it again.

The details you linked said 3.5mm NO

I also said to check if newer models had an analog in. They have apparently cut the jack out since I bought mine a couple of years ago.

I use an older (c Win 95c) set of powered Computer speakers for playing tunes from my MP3 player or phone in my work shop .  I even took a pair into work where I was racking servers. Plenty loud in an area that had 3 active racks and 20 pallets of servers.  I have plenty, since I have upgraded a few times over the years and I also collected a few sets from systems I installed in Stores ,where speakers were not desired in customer facing areas.

• The topic was locked