Light-O-Rama Forums

Shimmer effect not lighting up regular dimmable LED flood lights?

SimplyCosmic

Hello, I'm working on a really simple 16-channel setup that has 5 standard white GE dimmable LED flood lights as part of it. The lights work fine normally for all other effects, but I've noticed that on some old sequences the shimmer effect doesn't light them up at all. Is there a setting I can play with first before I dive deeper into things like replacing the lights? Or is there something else I should look at first? 

I am running the standard edition of LOR 5.5.6.

Edited by SimplyCosmic

There are no adjustments to the LOR shimmer function. I would say it's the lights. 

In case it didn't come over from S4, redo the shimmer and see if it helps. 

Are you talking about GE led flood light bulbs that you screw into a fixture? Some of those bulbs are not instant on and won't react fast enough for a shimmer as the shimmer is very fast.

I bought these same floods Last year. 
if you want a shimmer effect, your gonna have to turn them on first. They have a slow on and slow off effect. The best thing I can tell you is just turn them off and on... on for .3 of a second, and off .3 of a second... and even then they won’t turn all the way off. But that’s the closest thing you can use to go along with the shimmer. 

• Like 1

I ended up replacing those GE LED Flood bulbs with Explux PAR38 LED Flood bulbs via Amazon. Slightly more expensive, but they work perfectly with shimmer and other dimming effects and are very bright.  I did so with both my white bulbs as well as the ones they have in red and green as well with the same success. 

I appreciate everyone's tips in helping me isolate and resolve this.