Light-O-Rama Forums

Shorten C9 Lights

Slider

Does it hurt to shorten C9 light strings. I know there are voltage issues with mini light but unsure about C9 lights since you can buy the parts to make your own strings. Looking forward to your answers.

Slider wrote:

Does it hurt to shorten C9 light strings. I know there are voltage issues with mini light but unsure about C9 lights since you can buy the parts to make your own strings. Looking forward to your answers.

To clarify something here. I assume you are talking about incandescant lights, in which case you can shorten them. Actually, I make my own to custom length for use with strobes. As it sounds like you know, you can buy slide-on AC plugs, AC receptacles, and C9 sockets to but on SPT wire and make them fit your needs.

NOTE: I recently saw a set of C9 LEDs that were series run, so you can NOT shorten those. Some C9 LEDs you can shorten.

Thanks, that is exactly what i was thinking. I am using incandescant lights and I have the SPT connector because I make my own extention cords with that cable. This is my first year with a LOR display and I went all in with 64 channels. Thanks for the help.