Light-O-Rama Forums

Trans Siberian Orchestra's concert

Dale J

Well, good evening, I just had to share, my wife and I just got back from the Trans Siberian Orchestra's winter Christmas Eve concert in Council Bluffs Iowa, and all I can say is it was FANTASTIC. Three hours of non stop action, you talk about a display they know how to put the lights into Christmas, More Lights lasers and colored fire blast than you can imagine oh ya and loud music, WOW. When they played Wizards in Winter i think i started crying i was so excited. if you haven't been to one of there concerts I Highly recommend it, well worth the money, any time they are within shouting distance from us we will be going again, if there in your neighborhood don't let um slip by I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I have some great seats for saturdays 3pm show in Seattle, row 6 on the floor. This will be our 3rd year, kinda upset no nightcastle album out yet, supposedly they will play a few more songs than last year from the never to be released album....

CAN'T WAIT!!!

We have tickets for the Nov. 23rd. show in Greenville S.C. this will be our 3rd. time. Absolutely the best show for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've never been to their concert, but have wanted to for a couple years now. My wife's boss is part some TSO fanclub, so we all wanted to go together. He looked them up a couple months ago and the tickets were about $85.00 each. That would've been about $765.00 for all of us. Too spendy for everyone.

After I saw this post this morning, I re-concidered and went to the ticketmaster website to see how much the tickets were again. We bought nosebleed tickets at about $35.00 each!!!! The show is this coming Saturday in Seattle, and WE'LL ALL BE THERE NOW!

Not the best seats, but hey! It's more affordable for us, and going is better than not going at all.

My 10-year-old daughter is pretty excited already.

Don't worry about those seats, our first year we had our backs to the wall, though you feel as if you lean to far forward you will fall down to the bottom, the show from far back is awesome, you get to see the whole show, I fear sittiing in row 6 floor we will miss a lot, but I'm not trading!

Enjoy! which show are you seeing?

Same as you, 3:00. It made more sense for all the kids to attend the earlier show, considering it's a 2-1/2 hour drive one way.

I didn't think my 10 year old son would be able to sit through the whole show, but he loved it and can't wait for this years show. Been torturing them with christmas music for the last week to get em in the mood, weird being so early this year, last year Seattle had the first snow as we got there and when we got out it was a snow packed drive home. Looks like umbrella weather for Sat.

well they do a brief search of purse's and ask if you have a camera but that's all, i thought somebody surly got a camera in or one of the minny cell phones, are tickets were right at $40 each after all the extras they added on, we set in the second section off to the side off the stage three rows from the top we could see with no problem but one of the two huge hanging speakers wasn't to far from us it made it extra load sometimes almost distorted, especially when the two keyboard players had there dual. I think next time we will set more towards the back away from the stage I'm sure it would have sounded much better, but don't get me wrong I'm not complaining it was still fantastic. I'm 55 and did see several concerts in the old days but this was by far one of the best I've seen in a long time

ps: They said a new cd should be out soon, i'm looking forward to it

a few vids have surfaced on youtube already, a new stage/lighting scheme, from what I read on the tso forums spoilers, Al Pitrelli may have broke his leg already falling during a show, some savatage has been thrown in and quite a few from nightcastle. From Olivia's interview recently Nightcastle may be out in summer 09, been hearing that for so long it's even a joke with the band.

ya thanks for that info i hadn't heard that, i have been trying to check there site, i thought the stage show was great my wife didn't think so having the lights above the stage move around and bend all over she thought was distracting were i enjoyed it, it even looks like it shifts position during some of the show the way they have the lights blinking on and off, i wasn't familiar with a lot of the music they played towards the end of the set but it was still great maybe that was from there up coming cd. and ya they said they were at council bluffs for about two weeks getting ready for the tour, lots of moving around on the stage and there was even a small stage at the other end of the arena where two of them ran down while playing the guitar and violin and it then raised up in the air but they were both tethered in, no one fell in our show, hope they continue with out any more accidents

Talk about a disappointment!! No, not TSO, :P but the fact that we have been going to see them for years at the Hampton Coliseum and for whatever reason, they're not coming here this year?? They had 3 sold out shows here last year so I am clueless as to why they didn't schedule it this year. The closest they're coming to us this year is about 3 hours away so we're gonna pass this time.

Westport Lights, consider yourself lucky to not be right up front and on the floor! We had 2nd row floor a few years ago and the humongous wall-o-strobes behind the stage left me with a headache for 3 days!:shock:

Last year we skipped the floor seating and sat in the front row of the balcony and it was much more tolerable. You really lose some of the effect by sitting in the front because you miss some of the laser light show effects, IMO.

Enjoy the show!

Steve