Light-O-Rama Forums

Import Vixen sequences into LOR

jwilliams31

I'm making the switch from Vixen2 to LOR.  I have several sequences that I've built over the years in Vixen2.  Is there a way to import these into LOR so I don't have to recreate the wheel?  Or am I stuck recreating all of these sequences from scratch?

Thanks.

Honestly, I didn't think of that.  I don't think Vixen has an export to LOR, but I can try Xlights.

Thanks for the tip.

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Check if Xlghts can export to S5. Not sure it can.

Well if it can't, they could always go to LOR 4.4.6, convert the Vixen to Xlights, then Xlights to LOR, then after all their sequences have been converted to the lower{pre-S5} LOR version software suite, re-install S5 and import the LOR S4 Sequences into S5.   Extra steps I know, but looks like the only way they could do it, is if Xlights doesn't support S5

But then why would Xlights need to support S5?  

If Xlights converts to a lower LOR software suite version format, shouldn't S5 be able to load that without any further conversion?  I would think so, since S5 will convert lower level LOR versions into it's format, doesn't it?

I've used S5 very little{just playing around with it here and there on another system}, but know it will convert my prior LOR sequences from my previous  current version of LOR 4.4.6.   Haven't used Vixen or Xlights, so have no idea how they actually convert the files, but if required, the above would be the only way to do this, going on from what I've read from the other replies on them here in this topic.

Edited by Orville
Made error, previous version should have been "current version". Corrected.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Vixen to Xlights to S4 to S5.

That ought to go well......

Red would end up green, green would be blue, up would be down total chaos. 🤣

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

It could actually cause the end of the universe.

Which Universe?  You got to be more specific around here, LOR's or everyone's?🤔🤪🤣