Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Trees

FallsSD

I bought some pixel trees with the Pixie8 controller and also bought new sequences from the sequence store since my old sequences don't work with RGB lights.  I've been messing with the dip switches and no address/ID that I have come across yet will utilize all of the lights, each ID seems to work with a different part of the tree.  Anyone know what address/ID I need to set it at so that the whole tree will light up, or am I missing something else?

Thank you

Yep!

A pixie 8 has 8 ID's (1 per port). You set Port1, the rest follow that.

Your sequence needs to specify the (port) ID the string is attached to. I suspect the tree uses all 8, thus your current results.

• Like 1

So from the hardware utility, you can go select them channel by channel to light each string, but no single command will light them all.   In the sequencer, you can create a "prop" which is the whole set of lights and then turn that on and off as a whole.   You need a license level that supports them.  

11 hours ago, TexasLights said:

So from the hardware utility, you can go select them channel by channel to light each string, but no single command will light them all.   In the sequencer, you can create a "prop" which is the whole set of lights and then turn that on and off as a whole.   You need a license level that supports them.  

18 hours ago, FallsSD said:

I bought some pixel trees with the Pixie8 controller and also bought new sequences from the sequence store since my old sequences don't work with RGB lights.  I've been messing with the dip switches and no address/ID that I have come across yet will utilize all of the lights, each ID seems to work with a different part of the tree.  Anyone know what address/ID I need to set it at so that the whole tree will light up, or am I missing something else?

Thank you

18 hours ago, FallsSD said:

Thank you

Turn off all the DIP switches. Watch my video and you will understand all you need to know. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Also if you did not purchase at least one RED high speed adapter this would be a great time. You will need it.

Also required Pro license.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just now, dibblejr said:

Turn off all the DIP switches. Watch my video and you will understand.

JR

11 hours ago, TexasLights said:

Testing in the HU one single command CAN light them all or you can select individual ports to test. 

However the HU tests do not mean you will have lights. Its just a simple way of testing your lights.

All explained in my tutorial.

JR

HU defaults to port 1 (the ID you set), BUT right above that on the list is 'All'.

White (RGB strings) will expose nodes with LED issues. (I have never used a RGBW string, so I think you need at least 2 tests as White is independent of the RGB)

If you are worried about  power: Set the color to White and the ports to All. 🙂

If you can run that for 10 minutes witout overheating or shutting down the PSU, you should be fine for ANY show.

Will the G3-MP3 director work fine with pixels or should I switch to the G4?  I don't have a computer close enough to my display so I have to use a director.

8 hours ago, FallsSD said:

Will the G3-MP3 director work fine with pixels or should I switch to the G4?  I don't have a computer close enough to my display so I have to use a director.

It will work just fine

It runs my remote tune to sign

JR

• The topic was locked