Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating S5 show editor with S4 sequences

Crimson Lane Lights Etown

I recently upgraded to S5. I am looking at Shows in the Show Editor section that are complicated and change daily created in S4 Scheduler.  They are are still there.  When I upgraded S4 sequences to S5, they did not replace the S4 sequences in the Show Editor, (lms vs loredit file).  That's alot of manual swapping of sequences so the Show Editor points to the newly upgraded S5 file.  Oddly enough, when I insert a S5 loredit file into an already formed S4 Show, it plays both file types (lms and loredit). 

p.s. I keep my S4 files in a folder under Sequences and my S5 files in a different folder under Sequences

Well, if you want to play S5 files you will have to change the show file to match.

If you moved the S4 files since you created the S4 show, it won't find them.

If you recreate the shows with the same names as last year you wont need to change the schedule.

Frankly, though,  I would start over.

By the way. you will need to play all the show files once before showtime to create the playback files, or create them in the Sequence Compressor.

• Like 1

in S5, My S4 Shows are still pointing to the S4 Sequences because I did not move any files or folders.  My Schedule is still pointing to the S4 Show names.  If I open the S4 Show, then I can "add" or insert the S5 sequence and "move" it up to the matching S4 sequence.  Then "minus" or delete the S4 sequence from the show and save as the same Show name.  That migh  be easier then creating new shows and schedules.  Like a DJ knows, there are certain songs that follow each other and blend nicely. I my different Show's song order.  I don't want to start over!