Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Message?

Mr Christmas

I am trying to doo some sequencing in Superstar and every time I try to set up or modify my display i get a message saying "Failed to save configuration or layout information to file C:\Users\TomC shows\Documents\Light-O-Rama\SuperStar\SSEdit.cfg". Whats going on?

One way this can happen is if the directory that contains SSEdit.cfg is "read only"

Using file explorer try to rename SSEdit.cfg. If it does not let you then the file is "read only." If it does let you do it then rename it back to SSEdit.cfg and let me know.

I checked the file and "read only" is not on. Bit when I try to open the sequencer I get the message " cannot find file or folder: C:\Users\Tom C shows\Documents \Light-O-Rama\Sequences \

If I click ok, then I get into the sequencer.

Are you using a cloud drive? Check to see what path your computer is using for the "Documents" folder. See if it is different than C:\Users\Tom C shows\Documents

Possibly your "Documents" folder was something different at the time of install and so now the software can't find the standard folders anymore. Find where the folders are at and you can copy them over to where your "Documents" folder is currently at.

I don't know if you remember me,  its been a lot of years, but I'm the fireman (retired now) thats not real computer savvy. I right clicked on SSEdit.cfg, and went to advanced security settings.  Its showing it was inherited from lightshow Dropbox. I didn't have any trouble i think till I started messing with Dropbox. 

And the folder path also shows Dropbox in the path?

Ok, I found the sequences and SuperStar folder in documents and both have Dropbox in the path. Also I right clicked on them and went to properties and under general, both say read only under attributes. I tried clicking it off and hit apply and it goes away, but comes back each time I go back in it.

I am not an expert on how or why dropbox relocates the Documents folder. I looked up on the internet about it, I did not quickly find the answer. I will research it.

Does anybody else out there know about why his Documents folder would have dropbox in the path?

I am thinking the opposite. You installed LOR into the standard documents location. Then the "Documents" folder got defined to be a part of dropbox.

I googled "setting documents folder location" and got the following:

Windows 10

1. Click the [Windows] button > choose "File Explorer."
  2. From the left side panel, right-click "Documents" > choose "Properties."
  3. Under the "Location" tab > type "H:\Docs"
  4. Click [Apply] > Click [No] when prompted to automatically move all files to the new location > Click [OK].
  5. If you believe you have documents saved in C:\Docs, you can go to that location and manually copy the files to your H:\ drive.

It says "H:\Docs" does not exist. Would you like to create it? I clicked yes, then got the message about moving all the files and said no.It says the folder can't be moved here and can't create folder for h docs. The system cannot find the path specified. 

I am sorry, I didn't read the steps carefully, it might be safest if I remote into your computer and exactly what your situation is. I want to make sure we do this correctly. Send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com

I re-downloaded LOR and found all my sequence files and shows were on my external hard drive and am downloading them now. It will take awhile, but will let you know how it comes out. Thanks again for all your help! Tom C.