Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor

RyanB123

Hello everybody! This will be my second year using the light o rama program and I was wondering if there was a way to clear out last years show completely from the schedule editor. The way I set my show up was confusing last year so I have some shows that were so small I cannot click them. Please let me know if there is a way to do a total refresh to the schedule editor!

If you are indeed on 4.x, then look in your LOR directory. You will see weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc; delete those and your schedule will be cleared.

1 hour ago, RyanB123 said:

Hello everybody! This will be my second year using the light o rama program and I was wondering if there was a way to clear out last years show completely from the schedule editor. The way I set my show up was confusing last year so I have some shows that were so small I cannot click them. Please let me know if there is a way to do a total refresh to the schedule editor!

What Don said is how I delete my entire show settings.  So much easier and simpler than the old way I was doing it! I was doing it one box at a time inside the Schedule Editor.  And as you found out, sometimes the box{es} is/are so small it's almost, but not impossible, to click on it to delete it, but that gets painstakingly annoying if you have a lot of "small boxes" like I did for some of my shows.

Much easier just to delete the files Don gave you and it's all done.  Beats doing it one box at a time!

BTW, you can rename those files rather than delete them.  That way you can easy have multiple sets of configurations.  I do that with my year round landscape lighting vs the Halloween vs Christmas shows.

15 hours ago, k6ccc said:

BTW, you can rename those files rather than delete them.  That way you can easy have multiple sets of configurations.  I do that with my year round landscape lighting vs the Halloween vs Christmas shows.

I used to do that too.  However, I like to change things around a bit, including any landscape or other year round lighting I may have in use.   It was a royal pain in the backside to load an older schedule file and then try to change it to meet the new parameters, as I'd also reset various times on the year round lighting .  

For me it was just a lot easier and faster to create a brand new show from a blank slate, as opposed to trying to modify exiting ones and reset times, which many times ended up with the changes being tossed because of a time overlap, even though I didn't see it that way, the scheduler did.

So now I just delete old shows and create a new one when needed.  But that's just my preference, others mileage may be different.

I always wondered why there was not a "Save Schedule As.. and its counterpart: Use Saved Schedule...

Daylight hours change as well as season show content. It just seemed awkward to have to use the OS to make a named copy of a schedule.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, TheDucks said:

I always wondered why there was not a "Save Schedule As.. and its counterpart: Use Saved Schedule...

Daylight hours change as well as season show content. It just seemed awkward to have to use the OS to make a named copy of a schedule.

That makes 2 of us.   Especially since those options to an extent are used in the Show Editor {Open, Save, Save As}.   Only thing in the Scheduler is Save, so even if you wanted to do a Save As to save an older shows settings you can't do it in the Schedule Editor, only by exiting the Schedule Editor and renaming the .lss file, then creating an entirely new schedule.

So I never really understood why those options were never included either in the Scheduler.