Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence cutting off during show!

sam.mann

Hello All!

I didn't have this problem last year, but this year I have one song in the show that stops short during the show. I have opened in the sequencer and played it through controlling the lights without a problem. But in the show it cuts off before the end of the song and moves to the next sequence. Does anyone have a fix to this problem? Maybe something I'm missing?

TIA!

Look in the show status log  window and see if there is a message which might give a clue. Left click on the Control Panel red light bulb to open the log.

Look in your scheduler to ensure you do not have things in there. This drove me crazy and I in turn drove Phil and few others crazy before I discovered it by shear accident.

JR

On 9/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, PhilMassey said:

Look in the show status log  window and see if there is a message which might give a clue. Left click on the Control Panel red light bulb to open the log.

I checked this and all other sequences are working as designed. There is only one sequence not working as designed (playing all the way through) but the log shows it as being the same as all the others. 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, dibblejr said:

Look in your scheduler to ensure you do not have things in there. This drove me crazy and I in turn drove Phil and few others crazy before I discovered it by shear accident.

JR

What do you mean by, "do not have things in there"? 

Just as a note, I am running through a "Show on demand" in order to get things the way I want them. I am not actually using the scheduler to do this.

You could try updating to a later version. There have been a lot of improvements since 5.3.8, including fixes to some other significant show playback issues. At least to 5.3.14.

After 5.3.14 playback file creation is handled by Sequence Compressor. Force the recreation of the playback files by running the show file through the Sequence Compressor in the Control Panel right click menu.