Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion Effect sliders not visible all the time

Aubrey

Hi All,

Wondering if this is a "me" thing or more common. I'm on 5.5.4 now (Pro) and I've noticed that frequently when placing motion effects, if I change the dropdown to a different preset, all of the slider options disappear. I have to save it as that effect, then go back in to edit for everything to be back as it should be. This is a new thing for me as of this version. Anyone else running into this?

Thanks!

Depending on what effect you're working with, different options are available.  So yes, you will see different and different number of options depending on the type of effect.  If you are seeing something else, please be more specific.

I mean I'm specifically seeing nothing on effects that I know have options - I work with motion effects all the time. Like if I'm on the butterfly effect and switch the dropdown to spirals, all of slider options just aren't there. Blank motion effect generator. I have to click okay on the effect, come back in to edit, then everything appears as it should. 

I very seldom use Motion Effects (I do almost everything in SuperStar), but I tried some Motion Effects on the sequence I have been working on recently.  I can not duplicate your report.  Seems to be fine for me.  I had noticed a separate minor bug, but will bring that up in a new thread.

The way the sliders for effect parameters are generated did change in 5.4.4. Previously they were all generated during startup. Now they are created as needed when you change the type of effect. This is what improved the Sequencer startup time.

Does it only happen after you have been using the program for a while? 

Matt

1 minute ago, MattBrown said:

The way the sliders for effect parameters are generated did change in 5.4.4. Previously they were all generated during startup. Now they are created as needed when you change the type of effect. This is what improved the Sequencer startup time.

Does it only happen after you have been using the program for a while? 

Yes - it doesn't happen right away - it's after I've been sequencing for a bit that the options start disappearing when I switch effects. What do you mean they are only created as needed? I know some sliders cross over between effects but none of them are exactly the same. Thanks!

This happens to me all the time since the upgrade. So it's not just you Aubrey. You have to click to a different effect and then back to the one you want or just click the same effect again. Then the options will show up. I'm not on the software for more than 2 hours or so at a time and so I wouldn't say that I am on the software a long time. But this happens to me also.

me too -- pretty often when i select the effect, I get nothing.  It seems to happen at various times, not after awhile and for the same effect multiple times.   It is an easy fix, i just click the drop down and select it again and almost every time it adds them correctly this time.  But annoying for sure...

Edited by TexasLights