Light-O-Rama Forums

Frustrated By S5 Superstar auto singing faces

yundy1

Hello Everyone Im  Sandra new Here but a longtime LOR Fan / user

Here's hoping some help is around the corner ,

I'm not a whizz ,  but have managed with the earlier sequencing S3 N4  albeit  Im slow.

I want to move to pixels so have been watching tutorials  and Toying with effects etc.

I transfer files  loredit to my SD card to try to test but  they just do not play .

Ive tried lots of card types my singing face plays using a Kingston card so I wrote to that but its not happening either.

( PART 1 )

I followed the  VISUAL tutorial for Superstar auto singing faces, -----I get to see the 4 faces play in Superstar then close and save ,

but nothing VISUAL plays in my sequencer window  only the music . yes mp3 

( PART 2 ) when I follow the tutorial for a Single singing face on a CCR tree,  -I close  save in  sequencer,  However my Visual playback  is a few jumbled up dots

I have repeated the process many times fresh prop importing, renaming etc, to no avail- Ive googled help but everything leads me back to the process, not the problem

Im sure its something Ive missed or it maybe a gremlin 

Kindly thanking you in advance Sandra

Can't help you on a director as I have never used on.

For SuperStar, are you opening SuperStar by directly opening SuperStar or in the S5 Sequencer are you selecting a portion of a motion effects row and selecting "Insert SuperStar Effects" (or Shift-S)?

Sandra,

Here's a tutorial for using custom faces for Auto Singing Faces in Superstar. It's a complete walkthru of how to make the faces work. Give it a look and see if it helps.

Alan...

Edited by default
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Can't help you on a director as I have never used on.

For SuperStar, are you opening SuperStar by directly opening SuperStar or in the S5 Sequencer are you selecting a portion of a motion effects row and selecting "Insert SuperStar Effects" (or Shift-S)?

Hi Jim

Im following exact tutorial by selecting insert superstar effects _I have tried both methods though,

thanks anyways Sandra

On 9/21/2020 at 7:07 AM, default said:

Sandra,

Here's a tutorial for using custom faces for Auto Singing Faces in Superstar. It's a complete walkthru of how to make the faces work. Give it a look and see if it helps.

Alan...

Thank you Alan,

a really  interesting creative tutorial,  I learnt a lot, noted all,

however it did not sort my  issue I will  keep battling on thank you for your input_____________ the processes for your faces are easy to follow, Sandra

On 9/20/2020 at 5:48 PM, yundy1 said:

Hi Jim

Im following exact tutorial by selecting insert superstar effects _I have tried both methods though,

thanks anyways Sandra

Yea, you need to use the Insert SuperStar Effects method from the S5 Sequencer.  When you exit SuperStar, and it closes, you should get one of two popups on Sequencer.  One says "No data received from SuperStar" and the other one asks if you want to keep the data from SuperStar (sorry, can't remember the exact wording - despite seeing it about 50 times yesterday).  The second one is the one you should get and you do need to answer yes.  Once you answer yes, the motion effects row on which you were inserting the effect should turn to a solid while for the entire time that you had inserted (optionally with the word SuperStar in tiny print if you have that option selected).  Also, the preview window should be showing the effect you just created.

Any of that look familiar?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...