Light-O-Rama Forums

Inserting an event in one channel without affecting another

Lino

I'm building a musical sequence and my approach was to configure a channel that correlates to the drum beat of the song. I was happy with the results; long fading events. I tried to configure the next channel to reflect the horns in the song which required more frequent events. Each time I insert a new event in one channel, it cuts off any light events I have defined in the other channels. I have to be doing something wrong.

Lino wrote:

I'm building a musical sequence and my approach was to configure a channel that correlates to the drum beat of the song. I was happy with the results; long fading events. I tried to configure the next channel to reflect the horns in the song which required more frequent events. Each time I insert a new event in one channel, it cuts off any light events I have defined in the other channels. I have to be doing something wrong.

It sounds as if you are using LOR 1.5.x, as this is what one would expect anytime timing events were added.

LOR2 will allow you to add events and not have the light events cut off.

Right, this was a major annoyance in pre-2.0 versions, and has been corrected (and then some) in S2. I say "and then some" because the new 'Tracks' feature can really help with this.

-Tim

My bad. I should have mentioned the version. Its 1.6.9. I'll upgrade and give it a shot. I hope the channels I've define port over okay. Its a 9 minute song. Thanks for the feedback.