Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar

~DOC~

Just moved to new home and of course I am behind. Lots to do. Anyway trying to control 3200 pixels. Which superstar version would be best. I search for a thread related to this could not find. Hoping for good input on which one to get and why. Superstar is not the cheapest thing. Thank you in advanced.....

Yes, you are behind :)

If you are trying to sequence all 3200 pixels in SuperStar, you would need to 80 CCR (4,000 pixels, or 12,000 channels) level SuperStar license.  That is what I have.  Note that if you upgrade to S5, you only need a SuperStar license for the maximum number of channels that you will sequence at one time.  In other words, if you have two 800 pixel trees, a 1,000 pixel matrix, and a 600 pixel tree (totals your 3,200 pixels), and IF you will be sequencing each as separate "Insert SuperStar Effects", you could get away with only a 24 CCR (1,200 pixel) level license.  There are advantages and disadvantages to sequencing each prop separately.  Also note, I DO NOT recommend upgrading to S5 this late in the year.

http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Yes, you are behind :)

If you are trying to sequence all 3200 pixels in SuperStar, you would need to 80 CCR (4,000 pixels, or 12,000 channels) level SuperStar license.  That is what I have.  Note that if you upgrade to S5, you only need a SuperStar license for the maximum number of channels that you will sequence at one time.  In other words, if you have two 800 pixel trees, a 1,000 pixel matrix, and a 600 pixel tree (totals your 3,200 pixels), and IF you will be sequencing each as separate "Insert SuperStar Effects", you could get away with only a 24 CCR (1,200 pixel) level license.  There are advantages and disadvantages to sequencing each prop separately.  Also note, I DO NOT recommend upgrading to S5 this late in the year.

http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

Thanks k6ccc. I missed out last year due to us moving long story I am not going into. Actually really missed this forum and the helpful people here. I believe I have more lights than I need. I had pixels and controller already, but then I saw the sale and over indulged. (With the wife’s blessing of course) I will be hitting it hard the next few months. I think the easiest solution would be best. I am still an amateur. So by getting the large 80 CCR will make it simpler? My goal is to get a basic house outline, tree and singer face complete. Not going all out bells and whistles. May even tap into the sequencing sharing.

1 hour ago, ~DOC~ said:

Thanks k6ccc. I missed out last year due to us moving long story I am not going into. Actually really missed this forum and the helpful people here. I believe I have more lights than I need. I had pixels and controller already, but then I saw the sale and over indulged. (With the wife’s blessing of course) I will be hitting it hard the next few months. I think the easiest solution would be best. I am still an amateur. So by getting the large 80 CCR will make it simpler? My goal is to get a basic house outline, tree and singer face complete. Not going all out bells and whistles. May even tap into the sequencing sharing.

If you are S4 I would recommend stay in S4. Learn to use the vis (i can help with that) and purchase the minimum SS license required by your display. If U could donate my CCRs to you I would. I have 60 ccr's which was overkill since I at the most use 24 for my matrix. Every prop I have is 24 or under. I really rarely use the vis any more unless I  am helping others create their vis.

I purchased ccr's blindly. I do not use SS to create my show. I sequence circles, matrix and ccr tree in SS separately and it makes it easy.

JR

• Like 1