Light-O-Rama Forums

Apply toolbar HUE option for motion rows

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

please let me know if there is a new way to do this... trying to change colors of current effects.... without modifying the effect itself....

please watch video before answering. 

Apply Color and Apply Hue only work on RGB channels, not motion effect rows. I went back and looked through old versions, and this is the way it has always worked in S5. Those functions are still available in 5.5.0 when RGB channels are selected on the grid.

Matt

I realize that now. I did it on my dumb rgb channels before. Not ME rows. Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

55 minutes ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

There isn't any feature like that currently.

And since motion effects can use anywhere from 0 to 6 colors, it's not clear to me how it would work in some future enhancement.

Matt

3 hours ago, MattBrown said:

There isn't any feature like that currently.

And since motion effects can use anywhere from 0 to 6 colors, it's not clear to me how it would work in some future enhancement.

Matt

This is off topic. Thank you for the help with that. If needed, I can put in a new thread.....

everything to music is based off of timings.... would it be possible to get more effects that was able to “fit to duration?...” 

maybe add a chase feature. Add fit to duration to things like Scanner that doesn’t have it. 

Idk how hard that would be. 

A number of users have made this request, and we will work toward making more effects have a "fit to duration" capability. Note that every slider that controls an effect parameter can be made to change its value in a "fit to duration" manner. Also, if your color palette has color transitions, those transition will also be "fit to duration". 

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/using_the_effect_slider.htm

Matt

On 8/30/2020 at 1:24 PM, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

I realize that now. I did it on my dumb rgb channels before. Not ME rows. Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

If your ME rows specifically have colorwash effects, then yes you can change it - I do it all the time. Have the new color in your color fade bar, select the whole area (you can't do a partial effect), then hit "M" on your keyboard. For the shimmer effect you would have to do it separately since you're telling the software to change to the active options, which can't be on and shimmer at the same time. I just tried doing this over a whole area like yours that goes on, shimmer, on, and it converted the shimmer to on like it did on your video. I just had to highlight the three sections separately and hit M, making sure to change my "effect" option to shimmer for the middle.