Jump to content

Controlling my Shows


Gee Bee
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have built my main show and all is well. My show will run from 6:30 PM until 9:30 PM, however my wife wants to turn half of my lights on at 5:00 PM. Then the same lights to stay on after the main show until 7:00am the next morning. I can mussle this item by using 30 minute programs. But as a newbie I thought I would ask first before being stupid....

Thanks for you assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the board....

Just create an animation for the lights you want pre and post show. They can be the same or different.

On you scheduler, schedule the animation to run 5-6:30 and again at 9:30 until 7:00.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gee Bee wrote:

I have built my main show and all is well. My show will run from 6:30 PM until 9:30 PM, however my wife wants to turn half of my lights on at 5:00 PM. Then the same lights to stay on after the main show until 7:00am the next morning. I can mussle this item by using 30 minute programs. But as a newbie I thought I would ask first before being stupid.... Thanks for you assistance.


Gee Bee, this is a lot simpler than you think. There are many ways to do this with creating sequences in LOR. First of all though, I would ask why would your wife want to have some lights on all night until 7 am the next morning? Who's gonna be coming by to see it? Sounds expensive on electricity to me. Maybe consider having the sequence to run them at lower brightness. It looks nicer anyway.

Ok, on to your solution. To have lights on before the show, create a one minute animation sequence and insert a "LOOP" at the top. Name it something like "Before Show Sequence". Put it in the show scheduler to run from 5:00 pm till 6:29. Then have your regular show start at 6:30. You probably already have that in the scheduler now.

For after the show, do a similar thing. Create an after show sequence and put it in the scheduler to start at 9:31. Carefully watch crossing the midnight barrier. I remember having trouble with that a couple years ago. I think I had to create put a sequence in the schedule to run until 11:59 and then put it in again at 12:01. As I recall, there was some minor issue crossing the midnight barrier. Perhaps other people have ideas on this. I'm sure you will get other good responses. Welcome to the club
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard

Thanks for your response as I knew there would be a simpler way to do this. As for my wife and the expense. My show will run at her business, she says that she wants the people on all 3 shifts to see the lights on but without the show. However, I like your idea as well I probably will run that at half the brightness.

Best regards

Gee Bee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gee Bee wrote:

Richard

Thanks for your response as I knew there would be a simpler way to do this. As for my wife and the expense. My show will run at her business, she says that she wants the people on all 3 shifts to see the lights on but without the show. However, I like your idea as well I probably will run that at half the brightness.
Best regards Gee Bee

Considering your response about the reason for lights at night... you might want to run a couple of shows during the night at specific times. One thing that people don't realize is that it often uses LESS electricity to run a show than it does to keep the lights on solid for the same amount of time. Think about that one for a minute.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard

I created the loop sequence and scheduled it to run for 90 (before show). The only item I did not understand was in the loop it ask how many times I wanted to repeat. I said 30. but should it have been 1 or does that matter since i'm scheduling it to run for 90 minutes.

Best regrads

Gee Bee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gee Bee wrote:

I created the loop sequence and scheduled it to run for 90 (before show). The only item I did not understand was in the loop it ask how many times I wanted to repeat. I said 30. but should it have been 1 or does that matter since i'm scheduling it to run for 90 minutes.

Hmmm, I am not familiar with what you are talking about when you say it asks you how many times to run the loop. When I create a loop sequence, it does not ask me how many times to run it. In my shows, it runs the loop for as long as is needed for the time the sequence is scheduled to run. I wonder if this is a difference in LOR versions. Are you running 2.0.16? Maybe someone else can chime in here if they understand.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gee Bee wrote:

I purchased my software about 90 days back. The editor shows 1.69 with options to turn the light lower on each repeat and ask how many times to repeat.

OK, that must be the difference. I don't think version II asks for a loop count. I think most people here have upgraded to 2.0.16, but I never had trouble doing the things you want to do with version 1.6. I just don't remember using the loop count thing.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another way to do this would be to get rid of the loop, and just put your animation sequence into the "Background" section of the show.

Sequences in the Background section automatically loop back to their start whenever they reach their end, and play for the entire scheduled duration of the show.

That way, you don't have to worry about explicitly telling the sequence how many times it should loop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...