Light-O-Rama Forums

New Version 5.5

PhilMassey

Matt, you mentioned in your webinar a few weeks ago that 5.5 was coming soon and that there would a lot of changes.  You were not kidding.

As soon as I opened a sequence, I spotted the 1 second darker timing marks.  I can't tell you how handy that will be.

Have not played with it yet, but the green checkbox to pause should be a huge time saver - thank you.

And since I am the one that asked for the ability to turn off the execution of Windows commands in the Sequencer, I must thank you for adding that preference.

and the list goes on, and on, and on...

I haven't had a chance to try this version out, but in reading the What's New there are a lot to review. also happy to see an update. 😁

Thanks for that...

Alan...

The one bug I've noticed so far is that if you play in 1/2 or 3/4 speed, all of the effects get switched to shimmer instead of their normal on/off/fade. The actual effects themselves are fine (like they play normally in normal speed), but in playback at lower speed they look like shimmer.

55 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

The one bug I've noticed so far is that if you play in 1/2 or 3/4 speed, all of the effects get switched to shimmer instead of their normal on/off/fade. The actual effects themselves are fine (like they play normally in normal speed), but in playback at lower speed they look like shimmer.

Confirmed - a slow shimmer at 1/2 and 3/4 speed.  Oddly, I have a couple single lights and they do NOT shimmer.  Here is a demo

Nice to be able to export from S5 to S4.

This will allow me to start using S5 more often, though not until after this years holidays as far as sequencing.

Will allow me to be able to sequence my faces and still share with all users. The main reason I didn’t switch completely to S5.

Will have to at least test this very soon seeing how the vis for the LOR Singing Quartet started crashing or not working properly recently.

Much welcome change, thanks Matt and team.

I do have one question I didn’t find in the update article.

Do any of those changes pertain to the Archived Prop problem that many of us had or are still facing? 

I read through the entire update but didn’t see that in a bug fix.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

Slow shimmer also confirmed here, but I think MANY of my effects have been changed to a shimmer. I opened and re saved several sequences yesterday and If I compare with a backup, large portions of the effects have become shimmers.

58 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I do have one question I didn’t find in the update article.

Do any of those changes pertain to the Archived Prop problem that many of us had or are still facing? 

I read through the entire update but didn’t see that in a bug fix.

JR

What issue are you having with the archived props?

41 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

MANY of my effects have been changed to a shimmer.

OK, disregard the above post. After several tests The effects are NOT changed. Investigating further later.

I did see strobing in the preview though