Light-O-Rama Forums

Type of lights and help with sequences

ecfuerst

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to the hobby and I just bought one controller. I'm waiting for the sale tomorrow to buy a few more things. While I do have a few lights, I'm just going to start new. What type of light (AC) gives me the most bang for the buck? 

As far as sequences, I got the software hoping to work on it, but it is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Unfortunately I cant watch any YouTube tutorials to help. (I work on a ship and YT is blocked)  If anyone wants to share any 32 ch (maybe 48) It would be much appreciated.

Ecfuerst@hotmail.com

IMG_0656.jpg

I don't remember seeing AC (120V) lights in the LOR store. You might get some deals the day stores start stocking shelves with lights (and thenagain, there might not be many this year, as many manufacturers are still closed due to Covid19. I see gaps and slim pickings in many  regular sections of Walmart or the Depot. Some gaps are disguised by spreading what stock they have).

Bang for buck are those being sold by Members who have moved on to dumb or smart RGB lights. Many are used (and some may not last, or are discolored). But I have seen cases of never used that were grabbed from close-out sales that ended uo never being used. The budget killer is Postage. 😲 It may be cost effective to drive and pick up a good sized find.

Colored Floods may be a starting option as it looks like you have hundreds f feet of possible outlines alone.. Turn the poles into Candy cane (red and white strings wrap)