Light-O-Rama Forums

Undocked Preview Window / Startup Issues

Don

I last left the Sequencer with the Preview Playback window detached from the main sequencer. Now when I start S5 the sequencer will hang, and not get back the open. The Preview Playback window appears, and the main sequencer window appears, but nothing is showing except the playback bar in the Playback window. Everything goes to "Not responding."

Tried reboot. That didn't fix it.

Is there a way to reset the windows outside of the sequencer?

Uninstall and reinstall I guess, Don.

If that doesn't do it try a regwipe.

Update video drivers, maybe, 

This is going to be a real issue going forward. I regularly have the Preview Window detached from the Sequencer. Forgetting to reattach it before shutting down shouldn't mean you have to stop and reinstall everything.

(Yes, Support mentioned the uninstall/regwipe too.)

Mine is always detached on my second screen. Never have to touch it. So far, a year and a half in, it hasn't been an issue. 

Crosses fingers.

19 hours ago, Don said:

Is there a way to reset the windows outside of the sequencer?

Yes, you can delete this file ""\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\sequencerlayout.xml"".

In the next release, floating windows open a little later in the startup process. Hoping that it solves your issue.

Matt

1 minute ago, MattBrown said:

Yes, you can delete this file ""\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\sequencerlayout.xml"".

In the next release, floating windows open a little later in the startup process. Hoping that it solves your issue.

Matt

Thank you! That did the trick.

(See Mom, being lazy will help me as an adult!)

Same here.  My Preview window is always undocked - like Phil, in a second monitor.  Never been a problem.