Light-O-Rama Forums

Lightshow Regulations

kevinito

Greetings,

Does anyone have documentation on what regulations (aside from HOA and music licensing) exist concerning lightshows? For example, I have DMX-512 controlled lights/lasers/moving heads (along with several thousand mini-lights) and my front yard (with a few scattered trees/bushes) extends 200 feet to a dirt road and I would like to give the individuals as an involved experience as I can (think concert) . Obviously not strobing and laser lights constantly pointing at cars (5mph is the speed limit on the dirt/gravel road) as they drive by, but what is the rule of thumb here?

Thanks!

You would have to check with your local laws as each place would be different. I live near Atlanta which is the busiest airport in the world so I cannot use lasers that point up above my roof line. 

Agree with Mr. P - that is going to be local ordinances or HOA (if you are unfortunate enough to be in one of those).  Nothing we can help you with.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

You would have to check with your local laws as each place would be different. I live near Atlanta which is the busiest airport in the world so I cannot use lasers that point up above my roof line. 

No headlights or lights after dark in tank trails. DOA TRADOC

I remember those days.

LOL

JR

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

No headlights or lights after dark in tank trails. DOA TRADOC

I remember those days.

LOL

JR

NVGs in blackout.

6 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Where exactly near Atlanta? I'm in McDonough.