Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1 to S2 Upgrade

David St John

Hello,

I just unpacked two CTB16PC units, loaded the software, ...

Everything has been working GREAT! I configured & tested, connected lites, ran some pre purchased sequences, etc.

Then I strated reading about the S2 upgrade and I loaded that before I got into any sequence editing, etc. Ever since then the LOR units work great within the hardware utility. However, the units do not respond when playing sequences in the sequence editor. I did check to be sure "control lights" is checked on the Play menu.

When I enable shows, everything performs perfectly. Why not in the sequence editor?

Is there a setup issue that I missed? Please help.

- Dave

I assume you are using version 2.0.16 of S2 if you downloaded it from the LOR site. From the sound of it, the sequences you purchased are LOR I if you ran them with the software before upgrading? When you imported them into S2 (LOR II), they should have been converted to the LOR II format. Did that happen (you should have seen a pop-up box when you opened them in S2)?

Yes, they were LOR 1 and I am on 2.0.16. The conversion box does pop up when I open the sequences. Then I saved them to a new folder for the SR2 format.

Oddly enough, they are working now. I think it may have something to do with saving them after opening, even though they are converted upon open?

Sounds like you were trying to use a LOR I file before it was converted to the S2 format. Everything should work fine in S2 after they are converted. Glad they are working for you now.

Mountainwxman wrote:

If my mind serves me right... during beta-testing, LOR 1 files should play in LOR 2 software without a conversion.

You're right, I am thinking about the conversion in the sequence editor.

Mountainwxman wrote:

If my mind serves me right... during beta-testing, LOR 1 files should play in LOR 2 software without a conversion.

That's correct.