Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility ver 1.6.6 DC MP3

Scott Laska

Any one else having a problem with the Hardware Utility?

Last year I was able to run my show with no problem using the hardware utility program for the DC MP3 card. This year I was testing and when I go to add programs using the program in the hardware utility it will not add LOR 11 programs. I have set the schedule etc but still no luck. I updated the firmware on the DC MP3 and all my controlers have the latest firware.

I did get the the Simple Show Builder to work. But does the simple show builder automaticaly set the clock on the DC MP3?

Scott

hardware utility should have update when you update to 2.0.16.

Check to make sure that your do not have both versions on your computer and are using the old version. The easiest way is to navigate to the directory containing your LOR programs and launch the HWU from there. It should say version 2.0.16 on the title bar at the top of the HWU.

Chuck

Scott Laska wrote:

Thanks I reinstalled s2 now I get this error

Error with sequence file:Creating Sequence file

Subscript out of range
Trace: Flush CB
Trace: BlockDownLoadStart

Does this happen on every sequence that you try, or one particular sequence, or what?

I know you said you reinstalled 2.0, but are you sure you're using version 2.0.16 of the Hardware Utility? As mentioned previously, it should say the version number in the program's title bar.

If you are using version 2.0.16 of the Hardware Utility when this happens, could you please send me a copy of a sequence that it happens on? Thanks.

OK I think I fixed the program.

First I noticed that I had not loaded all of the channel configurations for all my songs. I did this and then I noticed that the songs that worked matched my master channel configuration. The songs that did not had extra channels and some controllers. I deleted all the extra channels. This did not work for all the songs. When I used the channel property grid I saw other controllers listed that I do not have. When I deleted controller FF every things works correctly. Thanks for your Help

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the same error message. This is the first time this year I tried to start uploading sequences for my show.

subscript out of range, trace: flushcb, trace:blockdownloadstart

I am running v2.0.16 I tried adding seq from last year and new from this year. All give the same error message.

billc, have you tried what Scott Laska said in his last post, which fixed the issue?

Check your channel property grid; if any channels are set up to be device type "Light-O-Rama", but not set to any particular unit number, or set to a unit outside of the range 01 - F0, either set them to a unit number in that range, or change them from device type "Light-O-Rama" to device type "None".

I just tried that and it didn't work. First I changed all the channels not used to device type none. I then started to add the sequence file I changed. The hardware utility added it to the showlist and it looked like everything was ok.

When I went to create the show I got the same error message. So then I went back and deleted all those unused channels hoping that would work. No luck. Now the sequence file won't even add into the showlist. Still getting the same error.

Could you please send a copy of the sequence?

What version of the Hardware Utility are you using? I know you said you're running 2.0.16, but sometimes people install LOR 2.0.16 and then install the old HWU on top of it (which won't work as expected).

• 2 weeks later...

Was this issue ever solved?

I had problems with my simple show builder - my show would not start.

I attempted to open hardware utility to schedule a show and it said "disabled."

I deleted lor, reinstalled, upgraded, and did a registry wipe. Now, when I attempt to load any file for my mp3 director I get this 8002 error.

I have check my channel configuration and there are no extra channels and everything is properly assigned.

Any help is appreciated.

Robin

I'm sorry, what error are you getting, exactly? What does it say, and when do you get it? I don't see anything earlier in this thread referring to "8002".

I'm sorry - I was searching 2 different threads to find my error. I think I posted to the wrong one. But, If you can help....

Mine says:

Error with sequence file Creating Sequence file
Open of serial port 1 has failed
Error (8002) Invalid port number
While Executing Port Open Property
Trace BlockDownLoadStart

Thanks,
Robin

I just figured out my problem and thought I would post for any other newbie.

For the mp3 director: To make a show using the hardware utility, you must have your adaptor plugged in to your computer even if it is not plugged in to the mp3 director. Also make sure you set your COM port using network and preferences.

I am now rid of the errors and am able to load shows from the hardware director, giving me more flexibility than the simple show builder.