Light-O-Rama Forums

This hobby is amazing!

LightsWithSoul

I have been thinking about how this whole Covid-19 situation has brought to light (pun intended) how incredible this crazy Christmas lighting hobby is. It is an amazing creative outlet and I'm sure it has kept many of us sane during these quarantine lockdowns, but more than that it has given us the ability to share the joy of Christmas with everyone who passes by our homes. This year more than ever people need something to lift their spirits. In a time that has been shrouded in uncertainty, we have an incredible opportunity to make amazing memories for so many families this Christmas season and close out the year on a high point. Our lights will be a bright spot (pun intended again) during dark times. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LightsWithSoul said:

I have been thinking about how this whole Covid-19 situation has brought to light (pun intended) how incredible this crazy Christmas lighting hobby is. It is an amazing creative outlet and I'm sure it has kept many of us sane during these quarantine lockdowns, but more than that it has given us the ability to share the joy of Christmas with everyone who passes by our homes. This year more than ever people need something to lift their spirits. In a time that has been shrouded in uncertainty, we have an incredible opportunity to make amazing memories for so many families this Christmas season and close out the year on a high point. Our lights will be a bright spot (pun intended again) during dark times. 

Yep, tore mine down end of January and put 1/2 back up 12 March. Since the schools shut down I was asked to do something for the HS and College Grads so my 2 friends and I got busy helping me sequence for graduation.

You are correct about this upcoming show season though. It will need to be memorable enough to block out what the children have lost due to Covid-19.

Prayers for all but especially  to the little ones because they are the true losers in all of this.

JR

• The topic was locked