Light-O-Rama Forums

Vertical color Blend S5

gsmith37064

I know you can blend colors horizontally with the color tool, but is there a way to do it vertically with a chase in S5?

A chase would create a sort of moving wave of color. I suppose you could call it a blend. The effect would also depend on the offset in the chase row which would control the speed of the wave.

Chase is a very powerful tool and well worth learning. Most of my pixel sequencing is done with chase.

I use chases all the time but it does not blend. It only mimics the colors of the first channel down to the rest of the channels. What I am after is how to chase a blue bar vertically while it blends to other shades of blue till it turns white.

Doing this horizontally is easy... I need it to go down. Right now I manually doing this, but was hoping for a much faster way.

Why does a forum that reply on pics and videos to help people not allow anything above 20k file sizes is crazy?

blend.GIF

I am extended this effect to another larger prop and need it to go from 16 channels to 21 channels. Is there a way to blend the chase or do I continue to do it manually?

Edited by gsmith37064

Can't really visualize what you are trying to do. What is "down". 

You may need to create a group with the pixel s in a different order.

For example.

I create a twinkle in an 800 pixel prop by taking a random selection of about 80 pixels Into  a group.

The remaining 720 pixels are in order in a separate group.

By chasing a pulse on a beat through the twinkle pixels I can have the twinkle while chasing  background colors through the remaining pixels in the main group.

By the way we have all gotten used to using external hosting for pictures and such. Been that way for the 10 years I have been here, I don't think it's going to change 

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

Can't really visualize what you are trying to do. What is "down". 

You may need to create a group with the pixel s in a different order.

For example.

I create a twinkle in an 800 pixel prop by taking a random selection of about 80 pixels Into  a group.

The remaining 720 pixels are in order in a separate group.

By chasing a pulse on a beat through the twinkle pixels I can have the twinkle while chasing  background colors through the remaining pixels in the main group.

By the way we have all gotten used to using external hosting for pictures and such. Been that way for the 10 years I have been here, I don't think it's going to change 

Look at the little picture I posted. See how the effects go down 16 channels? The basically make a V shape. I want to expand it to 21 channels. The only way I know of how to do this is by hand.

It would be nice if you could blend vertical as well during a chase. I found a quick way to change it by applying the toolbar hue, but it's not exactly what I want.