Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone heard this new song by The Rolling Stones?

Orville

The Rolling Stones created a song just for the Covid-19 lockdown, it is called I'm Living in a Ghost Town and can be heard on YouTube at this video link:

Living in a Ghost Town by The Rolling Stones

Listen to it and let us know if you might add this to your existing Covid-19 display.   I think it's a prety good song and sure fits the times were going through at the moment.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Will be great for Halloween. Hopefully it gets on an official paid MP3

Thanks for sharing

JR

I thought it said to "google it" where one might buy it?  I haven't checked that out yet.  But it's good for current times as well as a Halloween themed song.  Too bad I don't do Halloween, if I did, I'd definitely do this one!

It was just released on April 22 or 23, 2020.  Hopefully, if it's not yet available for purchase, it soon will be. 

But you can always scarf it off YouTube, start sequencing it and then buy the song when it becomes commercially available.    That's what I do with a new song I might find that's not available.  Then I buy it later when it's been released for purchase.   At least this way I can get a "head-start" on sequencing it.

Unfortunately, sometimes songs like this are unreleased and the only way to get it is by download it is using an Video to MP3 download program.   I've got a few songs in my collection that meet that criteria.  But when I do, I try and get the artists permission, if possible, to use it.

If I happen to find it for sale anywhere, I'll let you know where to buy it.

ADDEDED/EDIT:

You can buy the CD here: https://therollingstonesshop.com/collections/living-in-a-ghost-town/products/living-in-a-ghost-town-cd

This is the OFFICIAL ROLLING STONES Site says it's $5.98 for the "Living in a Ghost Town CD"  and won't ship until the end of May, Around or on May 29,2020.  So it is available as a PRE-SALE.  There is no digital download available that I could find currently on their site.

I did a little more searching and I did find a digital version on Amazon Music here:

https://www.amazon.com/Living-Ghost-Town-Rolling-Stones/dp/B0876G3KVW

for $1.29So yes, YOU CAN BUY IT NOW!  

Just purchased and downloaded, it's in VBR, so it will have to be converted to CBR for Sequencing using an MP3 Music Editor like Audacity.  And I've already done that with mine.  Sounds great.

EDIT 2: BTW: JR, our {my wife and mine} stimulus checks should be in our bank on 04/29/2020.  So as soon as I see they have been deposited, I'll be ordering my LOR Singing Christmas Trees and other goodies by Friday 05/01/2020.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get them, but knowing how things are at the moment, may not get them in time for this years display.  But hoping I will!

Edited by Orville

15 hours ago, Orville said:

I thought it said to "google it" where one might buy it?  I haven't checked that out yet.  But it's good for current times as well as a Halloween themed song.  Too bad I don't do Halloween, if I did, I'd definitely do this one!

It was just released on April 22 or 23, 2020.  Hopefully, if it's not yet available for purchase, it soon will be. 

But you can always scarf it off YouTube, start sequencing it and then buy the song when it becomes commercially available.    That's what I do with a new song I might find that's not available.  Then I buy it later when it's been released for purchase.   At least this way I can get a "head-start" on sequencing it.

Unfortunately, sometimes songs like this are unreleased and the only way to get it is by download it is using an Video to MP3 download program.   I've got a few songs in my collection that meet that criteria.  But when I do, I try and get the artists permission, if possible, to use it.

If I happen to find it for sale anywhere, I'll let you know where to buy it.

ADDEDED/EDIT:

You can buy the CD here: https://therollingstonesshop.com/collections/living-in-a-ghost-town/products/living-in-a-ghost-town-cd

This is the OFFICIAL ROLLING STONES Site says it's $5.98 for the "Living in a Ghost Town CD"  and won't ship until the end of May, Around or on May 29,2020.  So it is available as a PRE-SALE.  There is no digital download available that I could find currently on their site.

I did a little more searching and I did find a digital version on Amazon Music here:

https://www.amazon.com/Living-Ghost-Town-Rolling-Stones/dp/B0876G3KVW

for $1.29So yes, YOU CAN BUY IT NOW!  

Just purchased and downloaded, it's in VBR, so it will have to be converted to CBR for Sequencing using an MP3 Music Editor like Audacity.  And I've already done that with mine.  Sounds great.

EDIT 2: BTW: JR, our {my wife and mine} stimulus checks should be in our bank on 04/29/2020.  So as soon as I see they have been deposited, I'll be ordering my LOR Singing Christmas Trees and other goodies by Friday 05/01/2020.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get them, but knowing how things are at the moment, may not get them in time for this years display.  But hoping I will!

I found and purchased the MP3 on Amazon 

I have told the team I will sequence the faces for it and pass it along to James to work out the rest of it. Be great for HAlloween and if things don't open up by then, the Corona show as well.

Great news on the check front and the hopeful purchase of the LOR singing faces.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I found and purchased the MP3 on Amazon 

I have told the team I will sequence the faces for it and pass it along to James to work out the rest of it. Be great for HAlloween and if things don't open up by then, the Corona show as well.

Great news on the check front and the hopeful purchase of the LOR singing faces.

JR

Keeping fingers crossed I get everything within a week or 2.  Since I think Dan is the only one still working on shipping out LOR orders.  Haven't read any different as yet, so guessing he's still pulling and shipping.   And Dan being the only one person doing this, I'm sure that's got to be difficult.  Although I don't have any idea how many orders he may be getting currently with a lot of folks struggling to pay the bills, get food and everything in this mess.  Fortunately we're pretty fair off, so I could use my stimulus check for some LOR goodies I've been wanting for awhile now.

Our State Governor would like to get Florida going again, but he hasn't done it yet.  He says he's going to make sure it can be done safely, and if not, well, we all know what that means, even longer in the isolation wards {our homes}.  At least our Governor is trying to do it the right way, unlike the GA Governor, which a lot of folks believes is pushing GA to open way too quickly.   And I think that's going to end up biting him hard in the backside, if he keeps on the path he's going.

Not exactly sure how I'm going to mount the LOR Singing Trees yet.  Going to see what I have around here that I can use and not have to spend any extra money on the mounting stuff for them.   I kind of wish they came pre-mounted in an aluminum frame painted black, that's how I'd have sold them as a complete setup.  Yes would have increased the price, but sometimes I'm willing to pay the extra $$ to NOT have to build my own frame or mount for something.   My skills in doing that are horrible, so I hate to have to build additional things to mount something.  But that's me.🤣

Amazon was the only place when I searched where I could buy and download the Digital MP3 version.  Even though I don't do Halloween, I still bought the song because I liked it and if we stay longer in isolation, I may put up some lights and do it for a Corona Virus show.  Jury is still out on that, though.;)

On 4/27/2020 at 5:44 AM, Orville said:

Keeping fingers crossed I get everything within a week or 2.  Since I think Dan is the only one still working on shipping out LOR orders.  Haven't read any different as yet, so guessing he's still pulling and shipping.   And Dan being the only one person doing this, I'm sure that's got to be difficult.  Although I don't have any idea how many orders he may be getting currently with a lot of folks struggling to pay the bills, get food and everything in this mess.  Fortunately we're pretty fair off, so I could use my stimulus check for some LOR goodies I've been wanting for awhile now.

Our State Governor would like to get Florida going again, but he hasn't done it yet.  He says he's going to make sure it can be done safely, and if not, well, we all know what that means, even longer in the isolation wards {our homes}.  At least our Governor is trying to do it the right way, unlike the GA Governor, which a lot of folks believes is pushing GA to open way too quickly.   And I think that's going to end up biting him hard in the backside, if he keeps on the path he's going.

Not exactly sure how I'm going to mount the LOR Singing Trees yet.  Going to see what I have around here that I can use and not have to spend any extra money on the mounting stuff for them.   I kind of wish they came pre-mounted in an aluminum frame painted black, that's how I'd have sold them as a complete setup.  Yes would have increased the price, but sometimes I'm willing to pay the extra $$ to NOT have to build my own frame or mount for something.   My skills in doing that are horrible, so I hate to have to build additional things to mount something.  But that's me.🤣

Amazon was the only place when I searched where I could buy and download the Digital MP3 version.  Even though I don't do Halloween, I still bought the song because I liked it and if we stay longer in isolation, I may put up some lights and do it for a Corona Virus show.  Jury is still out on that, though.;)

PVC pipe, the way I used to build my singing faces would be a great frame for these. I may be getting  one real soon and if you can wait to put one together I can help with that. There is a little extra work to do with a couple pvc T's but it pretty easy. It allows the legs to fold in and out for storage.

I sent my old ones to Boston Chris a couple years ago sine I wasn't using them. But I still remember how to make them and I just made some for my singing nodes for my corona show. 

Lighter than wood, cheaper than wood, easier to cut than wood and allows more flexibility for storage than wood.

Being high risk as well I will be waiting for at least 3 weeks once everything opens up to see what's going on. Yesterday was my first telehealth follow-ups. It was great. No waiting , no driving. This could be a more affordable trend if insurance companies will continue to cover those telehealth visits. My cardiologist was liking it as well. Could catch on, hopefully. Now if the physical therapists could figure out a way to do it.

JR

5 hours ago, dibblejr said:

PVC pipe, the way I used to build my singing faces would be a great frame for these. I may be getting  one real soon and if you can wait to put one together I can help with that. There is a little extra work to do with a couple pvc T's but it pretty easy. It allows the legs to fold in and out for storage.

I sent my old ones to Boston Chris a couple years ago sine I wasn't using them. But I still remember how to make them and I just made some for my singing nodes for my corona show. 

Lighter than wood, cheaper than wood, easier to cut than wood and allows more flexibility for storage than wood.

Being high risk as well I will be waiting for at least 3 weeks once everything opens up to see what's going on. Yesterday was my first telehealth follow-ups. It was great. No waiting , no driving. This could be a more affordable trend if insurance companies will continue to cover those telehealth visits. My cardiologist was liking it as well. Could catch on, hopefully. Now if the physical therapists could figure out a way to do it.

JR

I was trying to get an idea of cost PVC vs Wood and it looked to me that wood was by far a lot cheaper than PVC pipe.  The PVC stuff I found at HD and Lowes was expen$ive!  Almost twice to three times + the cost of making a wood frame/   So I'm not sure what I'll do for a frame for them as yet.  I'm still kind of on the fence.  I like the idea of being able to fold it up for easier storage.  But not sure I'm going to be able to afford the parts from the prices I saw for PVC materials.

I had my yearly check up with my doctor via telehealth too.  But in 3 months because of Medicare rules, I still have to go in to his office in July.  But I do have some medical issues he needs to examine in person.  Which may mean surgery for the hernia I currently have in the near future.  Don't know how long, or if that surgery will put me out of commission for a while or not.  Never had a hernia or surgery for one, so not sure what to expect on this one, as in how soon I'll be back to what's "normal" for me.

3 minutes ago, Orville said:

I was trying to get an idea of cost PVC vs Wood and it looked to me that wood was by far a lot cheaper than PVC pipe.  The PVC stuff I found at HD and Lowes was expen$ive!  Almost twice to three times + the cost of making a wood frame/   So I'm not sure what I'll do for a frame for them as yet.  I'm still kind of on the fence.  I like the idea of being able to fold it up for easier storage.  But not sure I'm going to be able to afford the parts from the prices I saw for PVC materials.

I had my yearly check up with my doctor via telehealth too.  But in 3 months because of Medicare rules, I still have to go in to his office in July.  But I do have some medical issues he needs to examine in person.  Which may mean surgery for the hernia I currently have in the near future.  Don't know how long, or if that surgery will put me out of commission for a while or not.  Never had a hernia or surgery for one, so not sure what to expect on this one, as in how soon I'll be back to what's "normal" for me.

Last I knew cpvc was cheaper than pt 2x4's. If making wood frames that's what I recommend for the sturdiness. I did look and cpvc is about $1 more for 3/4" x10' than the same in a pt 2x4x10. However a lot lighter and can take apart for storage. Also you have to include what it takes to cut it, hold the wood together and secure it to the ground or home.

For cpvc frames and for everything I secure I use either 12" spikes from Lowes or I use emt conduit to make stiff legs and secure them with the 12" spikes. I had a lot of extra emy conduit when I built my ccr tree and found it useful to use for securing my props.

For the folding pvc frame 2 spikes drivin in the ground 1 in each front corner and 1 directly in the middle of the folding leg.

When I am outside setting more up for my graduation display I will make a video of my rgb face frames currently set up.

JR

• Like 1

Here is the video of my frames. I thought I posted this here earlier. I know Vimeo is having some tech difficulties and at the moment the video pauses. It could be that the network is getting overload, any ones guess.

The top center "T" is hollowed out enough that it will slide back and forth the entire length. This can be done more than one piece if you gave a larger prop. This also allows the stiff leg to fold for storage. Only a few pieces are glued the rest are leld in place by pressure from other parts.

Wood is used for my larger heavier props. Either pt 2x4 or 2x6 as like my snowmen in the video.

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Here is the video of my frames. I thought I posted this here earlier. I know Vimeo is having some tech difficulties and at the moment the video pauses. It could be that the network is getting overload, any ones guess.

The top center "T" is hollowed out enough that it will slide back and forth the entire length. This can be done more than one piece if you gave a larger prop. This also allows the stiff leg to fold for storage. Only a few pieces are glued the rest are leld in place by pressure from other parts.

Wood is used for my larger heavier props. Either pt 2x4 or 2x6 as like my snowmen in the video.

Dang, I will need to bring my crowbar and hammer and yank those out in the middle of the night! 🤣

1 minute ago, gsmith37064 said:

Dang, I will need to bring my crowbar and hammer and yank those out in the middle of the night! 🤣

if you can make it down my long 300' driveway without killing yourself no street lights and surrounded by trees. No neighbor lights, you will most def trip one of my several sensors. And be met by a possible led poisoning injection.

If you survive all of that I will give them to you.

Besides, a dog cant even get through our neighborhood without the NH facebook group reporting it.

One of the ladies said she glad shes not a dog cause she could go p in the yard without it getting reported.

You gonna bring James Morris truck when you come to take my stuff. That way I could have a new truck too. LOL

JR

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

Oh and wait until the quarantine is over and they are ready to come down. I could use the help and I will even loan you my big hammer and crowbar along with a rock chucker. The ground is that hard this time of year.

Don't forget the Hotrod Ford PU.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Haven't had a chance to watch it fully as yet.  Since it was pausing, cutting out and sometimes skipping words when it paused and restarted.    Just killed the continuity of it all.   But I was able to download the video and will watch it offline very soon.    Especially now that the money hit the bank this morning {04/29} and I have now placed my order for everything I'm hoping to get in for this year {2020} from LOR.  Can't wait til I can get the Singing Trees so I can start playing around with them, once I figure out how I'm going to actually mount them.   I like the PVC method, but seems the wood is cheaper, but I like the PVC because it would work better for placement.  

But seeing my section where I would put them in front of my house is extremely limited in size, the area is only about 15 feet long and 21 inches{1 foot 9 inches} wide.   So I'm not sure the PVC option may work in that limited amount of space.   And may have to make something I can use to hang them on the front wall of the house {vinyl siding}.   So I think it might be a challenge to find something lightweight enough to either be able to stake them into the yard space I have in front of my house. 

There is a sidewalk that's in the way that wraps from our front door, then goes along the front and connects to the driveway.  If that sidewalk wasn't there, the PVC would have probably been the best option.   Just not sure your PVC frame will fit in that limited amount of space I have to use.  So might have to consider something that'll fit in the confined space I'd have for ground support.

So trying to determine the best, light-weight method of making a frame, and securing the 2 Singing Trees to the house front.

Always has to be something in the process to foul a great idea up.

Edited by Orville
Correct some typo's.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Haven't had a chance to watch it fully as yet.  Since it was pausing, cutting out and sometimes skipping words when it paused and restarted.    Just killed the continuity of it all.   But I was able to download the video and will watch it offline very soon.    Especially now that the money hit the bank this morning {04/29} and I have now placed my order for everything I'm hoping to get in for this year {2020} from LOR.  Can't wait til I can get the Singing Trees so I can start playing around with them, once I figure out how I'm going to actually mount them.   I like the PVC method, but seems the wood is cheaper, but I like the PVC because it would work better for placement.  

But seeing my section where I would put them in front of my house is extremely limited in size, the area is only about 15 feet long and 21 inches{1 foot 9 inches} wide.   So I'm not sure the PVC option may work in that limited amount of space.   And may have to make something I can use to hang them on the front wall of the house {vinyl siding}.   So I think it might be a challenge to find something lightweight enough to either be able to stake them into the yard space I have in front of my house. 

There is a sidewalk that's in the way that wraps from our front door, then goes along the front and connects to the driveway.  If that sidewalk wasn't there, the PVC would have probably been the best option.   Just not sure your PVC frame will fit in that limited amount of space I have to use.  So might have to consider something that'll fit in the confined space I'd have for ground support.

So trying to determine the best, light-weight method of making a frame, and securing the 2 Singing Trees to the house front.

Always has to be something in the process to foul a great idea up.

Hmm it wouldn’t let me reply here with quoting, very odd.

Do you have skirting on the manufactured home?

If you do the top section pops off allowing you access to the skirting itself.

You could always try to find another piece of the top section and screw screws into where the top section runner is. 

where that secures is usually the frame structure and solid.

For the bottom of the faces get a land scape 4x4 drill some holes in the bottom to hammer spikes into the ground and secure the face bottoms to the 4x4

I would also placing a brick under the 4x4 to keep it off the ground for water or edging if needed.

you could do the same with pvc as well.

Im gonna look at a couple things and will pm you if I can find a viable solution

My mom live in a manufactured home as well and I have replaced vinyl and skirting for her maybe a few times in the 30 years she’s lived there.

JR

23 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Hmm it wouldn’t let me reply here with quoting, very odd.

Do you have skirting on the manufactured home?

If you do the top section pops off allowing you access to the skirting itself.

You could always try to find another piece of the top section and screw screws into where the top section runner is. 

where that secures is usually the frame structure and solid.

For the bottom of the faces get a land scape 4x4 drill some holes in the bottom to hammer spikes into the ground and secure the face bottoms to the 4x4

I would also placing a brick under the 4x4 to keep it off the ground for water or edging if needed.

you could do the same with pvc as well.

Im gonna look at a couple things and will pm you if I can find a viable solution

My mom live in a manufactured home as well and I have replaced vinyl and skirting for her maybe a few times in the 30 years she’s lived there.

JR

I do have skirting, but it was messed up a few years ago by the Hurricane we had.   So it's being held in place with Garden Stones and Stakes to keep it from shifting.  So removing and trying to fix it isn't an option for me.   I tried to do that in one section and I made a disaster of it.   So won't be trying that again.   Fortunately the damaged section I messed up was removed when we had the Handicap Ramp put in and some of it took it's place.  So I won't even mess with the skirting.  I'd have to hire someone to fix it and trying to find folks that will work on a manufactured Home seems to be almost NON-EXISTENT in my area.   And if you do find one that might do it, the cost is expen$ive.   So I just prop things up against it to make it look as good as I can.  Doesn't llok too bad with the stones holding it in place.  The bottom tracks were damaged so that I can't reseat the panels properly.  And I just don't have a clue how to repair them without causing more damage.   So best I just leave them alone.

BTW: LOR has shipped my order and everything should come in by Monday, May 4.    I was surprised to see it get packed and shipped that quickly with Dan being the only one doing this at the moment.

10 hours ago, Orville said:

I do have skirting, but it was messed up a few years ago by the Hurricane we had.   So it's being held in place with Garden Stones and Stakes to keep it from shifting.  So removing and trying to fix it isn't an option for me.   I tried to do that in one section and I made a disaster of it.   So won't be trying that again.   Fortunately the damaged section I messed up was removed when we had the Handicap Ramp put in and some of it took it's place.  So I won't even mess with the skirting.  I'd have to hire someone to fix it and trying to find folks that will work on a manufactured Home seems to be almost NON-EXISTENT in my area.   And if you do find one that might do it, the cost is expen$ive.   So I just prop things up against it to make it look as good as I can.  Doesn't llok too bad with the stones holding it in place.  The bottom tracks were damaged so that I can't reseat the panels properly.  And I just don't have a clue how to repair them without causing more damage.   So best I just leave them alone.

BTW: LOR has shipped my order and everything should come in by Monday, May 4.    I was surprised to see it get packed and shipped that quickly with Dan being the only one doing this at the moment.

I’ll sit down soon and work on the donkey song and the others as I can. 

Working on a hard one now. Most challenging I may ever see. But I have spent so much time getting the graduation show up with S5 I really haven’t spent a lot of time with the faces.

Ir will all start back up Sunday. Parade is Saturday.

if I was closer I’d come down and help you out with your skirting and face mount.

I will come up with something. Yesterday I tried to make square pvc tubing using round pvc and my heat gun.

A 10’ section may take 8 hours but it is doable. I gat about 4” in 10-15 mins.

JR

13 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I’ll sit down soon and work on the donkey song and the others as I can. 

Working on a hard one now. Most challenging I may ever see. But I have spent so much time getting the graduation show up with S5 I really haven’t spent a lot of time with the faces.

Ir will all start back up Sunday. Parade is Saturday.

if I was closer I’d come down and help you out with your skirting and face mount.

I will come up with something. Yesterday I tried to make square pvc tubing using round pvc and my heat gun.

A 10’ section may take 8 hours but it is doable. I gat about 4” in 10-15 mins.

JR

Thanks for the update.  I may request one of your current finished singing LOR Tree faces if available so I can at least see how they work. 

I'm going to see if I can lay them out so I can test them, at least in the HU possibly, before putting or building a frame for them.  And to also see what I just myself into with mounting them.   Which I'm not sure is going to be very good since I can't cut a straight line to save my butt! LOL   Not even with a jig, I still end up with a slightly angled cut.  I'd have to get a new jig anyway, since my old one was plastic and I used it so much I finally ended up cutting it in half. LOL

• The topic was locked