Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs help

Daren

Help! My show is down. I was testing unit 2 because channel 11 wasn't working. I can test unit 2 and everything works, but when I try to test unit 1 nothing comes on. I think I hit the refresh button at one time. Anyway, can anyone tell me why unit 1 would stop receiving commands?

Thanks,

Daren

Here's where I'm at. I forgot to mention I am using 2 1602W LOR units. I can't find my booklet so I'm flying blind. When I hit refresh it it says 1 unit found (unit2) so unit 1 is not recognized. Do I need to reassign unit numbers? I remember something about only 1 unit being plugged in at a time so do I need to unplug unit 2 when I reassign unit one?

Thanks,

Daren

The LOR1602 has its address assigned by switches on the board. If you are trying to reassign an address using the hardware utility you are doing it wrong (if you have a 1602).

If you set the address switches on two LOR1602 controllers to two unique addresses, and they are both connected to the LOR network, the the hardware utility should find two controllers. You might want to try cycling power on the controllers, or maybe replacing the CAT5 cable between the two controllers.

What happens when you connect each controller by itself to the computer and refresh the unit list? If they each show up when connected individually, what address is each one reported at?

You can find all the manuals and other useful info at:
http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

One mystery solved, one to go. I assumed because I had just played with the hardware utility that I screwed something up. Turns out I had a flood light short out. I didn't have any spare fuses ( I corrected that in a hurry ) so I exchanged fuses with unit 2. I must have blew that fuse as well. Dan had me swap the two fuses and I got the LED to blink so I knew there was a bad fuse. Unfortunately that doesn't explain why channel 15 is hot when the show is disabled. I'm waiting to hear back from Dan on that issue. I tried to run the show, but now the launch the show at start up is not accessible. I'm going to change the time and start the show early to make sure everything else works. I sure will be glad when I understand all this better.

Thanks,

Daren

Thanks Reg. The show is up and running. I was tired last night and was flipping through the booklet on the CTB16PC I picked up during the sale. Duh! That's why I was looking at assigning unit numbers. Never work on stuff when you're tired. Looks like I may have damaged a triac on channel 15. Not sure if I can fix it or if I'll have to send it to Dan. He's been a great help. Not sure how he's getting anything done having to answer all my questions.:smile:
I cane live without channel 15 for Halloween, but I'm gonna have to get it fixed for Christmas. I don't have enough channels as it is.:]

Guest wbottomley

Daren wrote:

Unfortunately that doesn't explain why channel 15 is hot when the show is disabled.

Sounds like a blown triac to me. If that's the case... Dan is the one that will get your board repaired.