Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB 2nd string colors in SS vs SE

vap121

Hello,

I recently upgraded to S5 PRO from A4 Advanced. I have the SuperStar 2 CCR add on.

I have the following controllers:

1 each 16PC-G3 Version 1.04 on regular network, 57.6K

5 each CCB100 Version 1.21 on Aux A, 500k, enhanced

1 each CMB240 Version 1.05 on Aux A, 500k, enhanced

My problem is with the colors of the second string (161-310) of the CCBs when I insert the SS data into SE.  There isn't a problem with the first string (1-150).  I want both strings to be the same color.  If I program both strings to be the same color in SS, the color of the second string changes in SE Preview and then on the actual lights.  Example: if I program both strings to be red in SS, the first string is red in SE and the second string is blue.  The result is the same if I program them together or individually, red becomes blue for the second string.  However, if I program them both to be white, they stay white.

I am entering SS through SE.

Thanks,

Val

Two possible issues.  One is that the color order of the strings is different.  If they are REAL LOR CCBs, that is not likely the case, but easy to test by physically swapping strings and verifying if the problem follows the string or the outlet it's plugged into.

Second is a channel config issue.  I have  a bunch of CCP strings - which configure just like the CCBs.  I use mine in "Dual Normal" mode so each string has it's own controller ID rather than the "Normal" mode that you are.  However my recollection is as you list it that the second string does use channels 161 - 317 when operating in "Normal" mode. A quick read of a couple doc files did not confirm that however.

This may help troubleshoot.  Write a quick sequence with all 50 pixels of the second string to come up with Red for 30 seconds, then Green for 30 seconds, then Blue for 3 seconds.  You are looking for two things.  First:  what color lights up, and second: do ALL the pixels light up - the first and last are the ones that may not.

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Two possible issues.  One is that the color order of the strings is different.  If they are REAL LOR CCBs, that is not likely the case, but easy to test by physically swapping strings and verifying if the problem follows the string or the outlet it's plugged into.

Second is a channel config issue.  I have  a bunch of CCP strings - which configure just like the CCBs.  I use mine in "Dual Normal" mode so each string has it's own controller ID rather than the "Normal" mode that you are.  However my recollection is as you list it that the second string does use channels 161 - 317 when operating in "Normal" mode. A quick read of a couple doc files did not confirm that however.

This may help troubleshoot.  Write a quick sequence with all 50 pixels of the second string to come up with Red for 30 seconds, then Green for 30 seconds, then Blue for 3 seconds.  You are looking for two things.  First:  what color lights up, and second: do ALL the pixels light up - the first and last are the ones that may not.

You are correct Jim.  I have my older CCB100D Controller v.1.21 set up as Normal mode.  And the numbering is 1-150 for the first string, 2nd string is numbered 161-310.  So that is correct.   It could be a config issue in the way he has it set up in the HWU{if S5 still has an HWU?}.  

Here's a screen shot how mine are configured below.  Maybe this will help him out. 

I'm using S4, so not sure if S5 still has the Hardware Utility program, if so, this is how mine have been set up since day 1.   Never had any issues with colors being changed like the OP has.   Always gives me the same color on both strings using these settings {again, in the screen shot below}.

CCB-100D RGB Controller HWU.JPG

Matt Brown could answer this more definitively, but I believe there may be a bug in the Sequencer when you define a controller to "Normal" mode and have one Unit ID for both strings. It ends up not ordering the channels correctly for the second string.

If you define the controller to "Dual Normal" then each string will have its own unit ID and I know that the Sequencer handles that properly.

By the way, what version of S5 are you using?

Thank you to everyone for your prompt answers.  I do have 'real' LOR CCBs and I was running them in "Normal" mode.  (I checked my original documentation and "Dual" mode wasn't even listed. 🙂). I did change all of my CCBs to "Dual" mode and gave each string it's own ID.  That fixed the problem and I am back on track. I have version 5.4.2

Thanks again,

Val