Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Singing Christmas Trees ~ Question

Orville

Update on my future purchase of the LOR Singing Trees, will only be getting ZuZu and Ralphie.

After going through and checking on some things, I've opted to only get Zuzu and Ralphie for the Singing Christmas Trees, and an N4-G3 MP3 Director and some added accessories I need. 

I think the MP3 Director will make it easier for me to run my shows, since every year I have to try and figure out Cat5 cable runs from inside the house to the outside to each controller type.   So this will put an end to that option  

I like using the computer to run the show, but it's a pain to figure out the cat5 runs from inside to outside every year, when I have to try and keep them away from power cords, light fixtures, anything that could cause erratic operation of my display.     So a new N4-G3 MP3 Director seemed like the better choice for me at this time, so it's replacing the LOR Singing Tree Felix. 

And I needed a few various cat5 cables that are bootless to use with the RGB controllers as well. Along with a new 8GB SD Card for the Director unit.    This way I can put everything outside {Fm Transmitter, MP3 Director in a single enclosure} and the only thing I have to worry about is adding the outdoor speakers from the inside FM radio.  Which will be a lot easier than trying to run 3 cat5 cables from my computer to outside, along with speaker wiring and avoiding all the electrical wiring.  

Just trying to cut back on the extra work it takes me to run things from inside to outside and make things much easier to accomplish.

5 hours ago, Orville said:

Update on my future purchase of the LOR Singing Trees, will only be getting ZuZu and Ralphie.

After going through and checking on some things, I've opted to only get Zuzu and Ralphie for the Singing Christmas Trees, and an N4-G3 MP3 Director and some added accessories I need. 

I think the MP3 Director will make it easier for me to run my shows, since every year I have to try and figure out Cat5 cable runs from inside the house to the outside to each controller type.   So this will put an end to that option  

I like using the computer to run the show, but it's a pain to figure out the cat5 runs from inside to outside every year, when I have to try and keep them away from power cords, light fixtures, anything that could cause erratic operation of my display.     So a new N4-G3 MP3 Director seemed like the better choice for me at this time, so it's replacing the LOR Singing Tree Felix. 

And I needed a few various cat5 cables that are bootless to use with the RGB controllers as well. Along with a new 8GB SD Card for the Director unit.    This way I can put everything outside {Fm Transmitter, MP3 Director in a single enclosure} and the only thing I have to worry about is adding the outdoor speakers from the inside FM radio.  Which will be a lot easier than trying to run 3 cat5 cables from my computer to outside, along with speaker wiring and avoiding all the electrical wiring.  

Just trying to cut back on the extra work it takes me to run things from inside to outside and make things much easier to accomplish.

Orville, ensure you get the Kingston cards. Nothing else appears to work any more.

I use my g3 to run my remote tune to sign. Up until last year my PNY sd cards worked great. Last year (2018) I plugged it in and it took me forever troubleshooting every thing else before the card. Took it out and tried another PNY- no go. Spent all day looking for my original Kingston card. Found it wrote the sequence and it fired right up.

Also- the HUB works better and faster than HU to make the SD card. You answer one or two questions and it writes the card and has worked 100%.

Don't forget I got you covered on channel config. Worked all day and still working on my ccr tree. Improvised my 360 MT to use my winch system to lift my newly invented ccr hook head,

JR 

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Orville, ensure you get the Kingston cards. Nothing else appears to work any more.

I use my g3 to run my remote tune to sign. Up until last year my PNY sd cards worked great. Last year (2018) I plugged it in and it took me forever troubleshooting every thing else before the card. Took it out and tried another PNY- no go. Spent all day looking for my original Kingston card. Found it wrote the sequence and it fired right up.

Also- the HUB works better and faster than HU to make the SD card. You answer one or two questions and it writes the card and has worked 100%.

Don't forget I got you covered on channel config. Worked all day and still working on my ccr tree. Improvised my 360 MT to use my winch system to lift my newly invented ccr hook head,

JR 

The photo LOR Shows on their website for the SD Cards are Lexar.   Is that going to be a problem?  Or is the photo incorrect and they are actually using Kington SD Cards?   Would hate to buy an SD Card, then find out I can't use it!

I also wonder what the difference is between SD Cards that cause this behavior?  I always thought an SD Card was pretty much a simple little electronic thing that all worked on the same principle, so any of them would have worked.

I know with the original DC-MP3 Director I bought I could use SanDisk SD Cards and never had any issues with them.  I do have one Kingston SD Card, a 4GB.

Now does anyone know what the maximum size SD Card can be used in an N4-G3 MP3 Director is

Never mind, I found the answer on the LOR Website, it's 32GB.  Now I know.

Edited by Orville

On 4/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, Orville said:

The photo LOR Shows on their website for the SD Cards are Lexar.   Is that going to be a problem?  Or is the photo incorrect and they are actually using Kington SD Cards?   Would hate to buy an SD Card, then find out I can't use it!

I also wonder what the difference is between SD Cards that cause this behavior?  I always thought an SD Card was pretty much a simple little electronic thing that all worked on the same principle, so any of them would have worked.

I know with the original DC-MP3 Director I bought I could use SanDisk SD Cards and never had any issues with them.  I do have one Kingston SD Card, a 4GB.

Now does anyone know what the maximum size SD Card can be used in an N4-G3 MP3 Director is

Never mind, I found the answer on the LOR Website, it's 32GB.  Now I know.

Here's an older thread and as I stated above the PNY's no longer work. At the time my statement was correct.

I thought the same as you. A great friend from here Don gave me 20 PNY SD cards and they worked. Well the ones I used for shows. Until 2018 Christmas, even worked HAlloween 2018.

Not sure what changed but Kingston was the only one out f all my class 4;s that worked and that was one I thought I lost because it came with my show director.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Forgot to paste link

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Here's an older thread and as I stated above the PNY's no longer work. At the time my statement was correct.

I thought the same as you. A great friend from here Don gave me 20 PNY SD cards and they worked. Well the ones I used for shows. Until 2018 Christmas, even worked HAlloween 2018.

Not sure what changed but Kingston was the only one out f all my class 4;s that worked and that was one I thought I lost because it came with my show director.

JR

These are the extra cards I'm intending on purchasing for the N4-G3 MP3 Director.  These are 32GB Kingston Cards.  Hope these are the correct ones, says they will run all the way up to Class 10.    So hoping these are the correct type SD Cards.  Getting them directly from the Kingston website.

Canvas Select Plus SD Card

BTW: I think I added the Singing Trees to my sequences correctly.   Well I was going to upload it, but apparently it's over the limit I have available as of this post.  Was going to have you take a look at it and see if I got it set up correctly.  I selected the Pixie for the Controller type.

Edited by Orville

Got the file in ZIP form for my Channel Config file {.lcc}, so if you could take a look at that JR and see if I have things properly set up in it, I'd appreciate it.   I think I do, but want to be sure.   Not sure if I might have to move things around in it.   I also set it up for the Pixies to use 2 ports, Port 1 - numbered 1-100 and Port 2 numbered 151-200.  Was a lot of extra work changing the Port 2 numbering to match the Singing Trees, as well as identify what each channel is used for with them.   So really hoping I got this set up correctly.

Thanks for your help and expertise on this JR.

2020 RGB Christmas Display ~ Rev LSCT2RGB.zip

REMOVED, it duplicated the above posting.

Edited by Orville
DUPLICATE POSTING

14 hours ago, Orville said:

These are the extra cards I'm intending on purchasing for the N4-G3 MP3 Director.  These are 32GB Kingston Cards.  Hope these are the correct ones, says they will run all the way up to Class 10.    So hoping these are the correct type SD Cards.  Getting them directly from the Kingston website.

Canvas Select Plus SD Card

BTW: I think I added the Singing Trees to my sequences correctly.   Well I was going to upload it, but apparently it's over the limit I have available as of this post.  Was going to have you take a look at it and see if I got it set up correctly.  I selected the Pixie for the Controller type.

It doesn't look like the one LOR sent me but its been a long time. I would look at it but its running my tune to matrix. 

The faces you purchase should come with the manual. It is a pixie 2 but not sure of the internal config.

Spending today assisting my boys with their online school. Just started today and repairing a water leak I discovered while setting up a prop. Soft ground under an outdoor faucet normally means water leak. 

Let me know when you get the face. 

I made frames for all four singing Xmas trees last year. I take photos of my project in case others would like know how build my my projects. I made my own leaping arches and modified the RGB pixel kit so it was easy to setup on any surface. If you want to know more about the framing for the trees let me know. You can keep it simple. Mine are very flexible. Can hang on home, sit on solid surface, or on grass. Depends on what you want to spend. The basic frame is very light weight. If interested it would be better to talk over the phone.

Pete 

YouTube.    

33 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

It doesn't look like the one LOR sent me but its been a long time. I would look at it but its running my tune to matrix. 

The faces you purchase should come with the manual. It is a pixie 2 but not sure of the internal config.

Spending today assisting my boys with their online school. Just started today and repairing a water leak I discovered while setting up a prop. Soft ground under an outdoor faucet normally means water leak. 

Let me know when you get the face. 

Water leaks, know how that is.  That always means more work, especially if one of the pipes broke.  Ugh.

Good luck with assisting your sons with their online schooling.  I've read a lot about parents working from home and having to juggle that in, seems some say it's miserable. LOL

Will let you know when I finally place the actual order and will let you know when they arrive.

2 hours ago, C-141 said:

I made frames for all four singing Xmas trees last year. I take photos of my project in case others would like know how build my my projects. I made my own leaping arches and modified the RGB pixel kit so it was easy to setup on any surface. If you want to know more about the framing for the trees let me know. You can keep it simple. Mine are very flexible. Can hang on home, sit on solid surface, or on grass. Depends on what you want to spend. The basic frame is very light weight. If interested it would be better to talk over the phone.

Pete 

YouTube.    

Thanks Pete, that's exactly what I'm striving for, something lightweight that I can use almost anywhere I want to place the singing LOR Christmas Trees.

How big is that mega tree between the singing trees {tall and width at base line}?   That looks like something I might be able to do in my very small yard. 

Living in a manufactured home park, the lots are very tiny around the manufactured home.   So a very small mega tree might be possible in what little room I have to work with.

Edited by Orville

The RGB tree is the Light-O-Rama kit I bought when it was on sale last year. I did not use all the kit and changed it with my own design. http://store.lightorama.com/pitrkit16sto.html My tree sits on a wood 4" x 6" base about 10"off the ground where I have a 3' metal ring that is used to attach the 16 RGD strings. The tree is about 7' tall. With the singing trees frame, I used 2"x 2"x 8' cedar I bought at Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-x-2-in-x-8-ft-Premium-S4S-Cedar-Lumber-0510820/207077528. I used 1"x 1"angle aluminum to secure the black panel to the frame on all four sides. I want to send photos but looks like I'm limited to .49MB.  First time using this forum.

• The topic was locked