Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop file for Hattitude Triune

jwblazek

Gilbert Engineering has a really cool new prop, Hattitude Triune.

Anyone have a visualizer file yet willing to share?

If you are in S4 just draw it in the vis. It’s simple to do all you need is a picture of it with the node holes preferred but if you know a node count you can use that as well.

JR

Agreed, but prop has hundreds of pixels intertwined in the props features, hoping someone else has already done the legwork

I have downloaded the xlights file and have it in xlights but can't figure out how to export into LOR or import into LOR

1 hour ago, jwblazek said:

Agreed, but prop has hundreds of pixels intertwined in the props features, hoping someone else has already done the legwork

I have downloaded the xlights file and have it in xlights but can't figure out how to export into LOR or import into LOR

Yep, can’t import from xlights to LOR.

sometimes you have to do the leg work and be the pioneer in this hobby.

ive haD to make all of my singers 32 of them in to RGB props along with a new spinner so I feel your pain but you get the honor of doing it.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Yep, can’t import from xlights to LOR.

sometimes you have to do the leg work and be the pioneer in this hobby.

ive haD to make all of my singers 32 of them in to RGB props along with a new spinner so I feel your pain but you get the honor of doing it.

JR

Go to S5 and you can import.

Toying with S5 on another PC, not certain if/when I'll make the switch. I was able to get the prop into S5. Is there a way to get this visualizer from S5 to S4?

Edited by jwblazek
Found ansewer

1 hour ago, jwblazek said:

Toying with S5 on another PC, not certain if/when I'll make the switch. I was able to get the prop into S5. Is there a way to get this visualizer from S5 to S4?

Exactly the same problem I had while playing with xlights. Made me scratch the idea of creating the props in xlights which was simple and export in to LOR.

Gave up on the thought of xlights and started touring S5.

Would have been nice since xlights offers a lot of pre defined props.

S5 should get there eventually.

JR

Guess I have been lucky with the Xlights props that I have imported. They all came up as custom inside of S5 and I was able to do what I needed to get it to work with my pixel configuration.

Can you send me the xlights prop you are working with and I will try it.

It's easy in S5. Just download the xmodel file and under preview just click add item and choose to add xmodel. If the props were built with sub models in xlights, just add a group under the preview and all of the sub models will be there. You can download all of Gilbert engineering models on their website.

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Guess I have been lucky with the Xlights props that I have imported. They all came up as custom inside of S5 and I was able to do what I needed to get it to work with my pixel configuration.

Can you send me the xlights prop you are working with and I will try it.

Greg- I tried James Matrix i

made for him. 

ebrown1972  - I followed all directions. All worked good in xlights. Followed the latest tutorial but it didn’t work.

I just get pics of the props and draw the lights on the screen then move where needed in the vis. It’s easy for me. I was just trying to be lazy, I have a lot of singing faces.

He also tried and had same results. 

It’s all good, I rebuilt all day mine in my new vis to import to S5.

JR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, decided to just suit down and tackle this prop of about 611 pixels:

Outer Ring 72
Ring 2 24
Ring 3 24
Ring 4 24
Ring 5 24
Ring 6 24
Ring 7 24
Ring 8 24
Ring 9 24
Ring 10 12
Tree outline 101
Ornament Outline 102
Eyes open 38
Eyes Closed 10
O Mouth 18
Upper Lip 17
Mid Lip 20
Lower Mouth 29

Get REALLY confused on assigning universes and stop / start pixel numbers so it appears in a logical means in SS. Example, I set 50 of the 72 pixels in the outer ring to universe 1. DO I draw 72 pixels or 50? (My strings are 50). First go around, drew 72 and assigned them. Seemed to be so-so until started getting into the inner rings and was getting conflict messages when importing into  SS, shared pixels. Tried numerous times then tried right of outer ring at 50 and assigned univ 1. Then drew the other 22 pixels in and assigned them univ 1, starting pixel of 151. Just drew this, saved and imported into SS. 1 - 50 appeared OK, "clockwise" as I put them in. 51 thru 72 appeared CCW and I couldn't reverse them in SS.

Missing something fundamental, assistance is appreciated!
Idea of relative complexity of prop is shown in attached jpg (actually couldn't do that now either. File is 136KB and when I try to drop it here, says file is too big saying I can only load 0mB

John

• 7 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, ebrown1972 said:

It's easy in S5. Just download the xmodel file and under preview just click add item and choose to add xmodel. If the props were built with sub models in xlights, just add a group under the preview and all of the sub models will be there. You can download all of Gilbert engineering models on their website.

I imported the Flake K xmodel file (from the google share drive) but there are no motion rows. Does this mean there were no sub models defined? I don't have xlights, could someone confirm whether or not there should be sub models?