Light-O-Rama Forums

5.4.0 is not correctly installed

eillirand

Been using 5.3.14 since release without a problem. Upgraded to 5.4 and now it keeps coming up that Light-O-Rama is not correctly installed.  Already removed and reinstalled. Removed, deleted the LOR folder, installed. All the above with restarts.  Still same error.   Windows 10 64-bit 

7 minutes ago, eillirand said:

Been using 5.3.14 since release without a problem. Upgraded to 5.4 and now it keeps coming up that Light-O-Rama is not correctly installed.  Already removed and reinstalled. Removed, deleted the LOR folder, installed. All the above with restarts.  Still same error.   Windows 10 64-bit 

Did you try this?

Use the LORRegistry Wipe utility. Available here: http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.4.0/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Thanks. I noticed someone else mention the registry wipe tool but did not have a link to it.  That solve the error, unfortunately, now the application just does not load.  Event log shows the following now.

Application: LORPost.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException

Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[], Byte[], System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, Boolean, Boolean, System.Security.SecurityContextSource)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[])
   at <Module>.‭‏‭‎‬‌‎‍‌‎‪‏‏‌‍‮‌‫‎‎‮‮‮()
   at <Module>..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

----

Faulting application name: LORPost.exe, version: 5.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e42fa57
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19564.1005, time stamp: 0xaa9546fe
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00126f02
Faulting process id: 0x31bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e82c0f69d862
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\LORPost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4e0c142c-df09-4726-9ff9-6d51d1167533
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Same results. Actually had to run the wipe between the removal/installer and then again after install as I got the original error again. Now back to not launching and the event log error. 

Yes.  Whatever fubar the install now prevents me from running 5.3.0.12 as well. I can install but the app does not launch and get the same KERNALBASE.DLL error on LORPost.exe.  Dang.  Might have to wipe my machine now. 

Edited by eillirand

Sorry you are experiencing issues with the install. We just released version 5.4.2 which addresses some installation issues. Please give it try.

Matt