Light-O-Rama Forums

Road trip and score

DLH lites

A few post ago I stated what new props I was adding and said I would need yet another controller. Orville to the rescue!  He sent me a message and said if I wanted to take the drive to Orlando he would gift me some items. Well he did , a 16 channel ac controller and all his Halloween deco. Yesterday we drove from Fort lauderdale to Orlando to Orville's home and Picked up the product. The weather was great and it is about a three hour drive . I am very great full for his gift. Of course I am all fired up and cant wait to start programming in the new props. I plugged in the controller and changed the ID to fit with the other and it works great.  Orville ,thank you so much !!!!!!!!

David  DLH LITES

You're very welcome David.  May you get as much enjoyment out of everything as I did when I was doing Halloween Displays. 

Now it's only Christmas for me due to health and medical issues.  

And I'm glad you will be able to put everything to good use.

And just in case you folks are interested, this is what David scored {all for FREE to}:

4 Skinny Pumpkin-head Boo Ghost Blow Molds, 1 Witch w/broom Blow Mold, 1 large ghost w/Jack-O'-Lantern Blow Mold, 2 Large Wire Frame Skulls, 1 Large Wire Frame Bat, 1 medium sized wire frame that spells BOO, 2 Black electric candles, 2 black rubber rat props, 11 strands of M5 Orange LED 35ct Light Strands, a small plastic bat w/own controller to simulate flapping wings, 1 large tombstone w/2 spiders on it, 1 small tombstone w/2 spiders and a half web at the top, extra bulbs, for the Light strands and Blow Molds, extra fuses for all the decor that uses them in their plugs, 1 5' tall dancing skeleton and a large, very unruly, wire frame Halloween Tree.  And the CTB16PC Controller {built and assembled by LOR}, which is a V2, but still in excellent condition.  And some plastic chains.

Some of the smaller items were in a red tote w/green lid for easier transport.

Thankfully I sent David a PM and told him to bring a large vehicle to get it all if he wanted it.  And he brought his pickup, got everything to fit nicely in it too.

Again, enjoy it all David.  Very happy to see this stuff go to someone that can use it in Florida that could pick it up.

BTW: David, you're the first person that has ever made it to my house without having to call and ask for further directions or instructions on how to find it.  Most that have never been here, or only once or twice, they still get lost trying to find me, and I usually have to go out and find them to get them to where I live.  It's really easy if they'd just follow the route I give them, but no, some of them always end up making a wrong turn somewhere. :D

Even had a few that had been here numerous times, still end up on the other side of the manufactured home park {the South side} and yet, they KNOW I live on the North side.  How they managed that, is still a mystery to me! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Orville
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And for the record, why did I just give it away like I did, you may ask.   Well, I've had numerous folks on this forum help me with many things, including gifts from them to help me with getting my display up, computer accessories to help with sequencing, even JR on here sent me an RGB Controller and 2 strands of RGB Lights {Bullet nodes} to get me into and learning how to use them.  And there has been others that have helped along the way, they ask I not mention who they are or name, but they know who they are.

So this was my way to PAY IT FORWARD for all the kind folks that have helped me over the years with an assortment of tools, computer items, lights, etc. to help a fellow forum member and lighter out.

After all, this stuff was just sitting in my home collecting dust, so I opted the best thing to do was to, again, just PAY IT FORWARD to someone local that could pick it up and use it.  So when I saw David's post about him needing another controller, I reached out to him and offered up everything I had for Halloween and the controller I no longer needed.

And it felt great to be able to pay it forward to another member that was in need.

Now you know :D {in case you missed it in my original post where I had attempted to sell off all the Halloween stuff and Controller}.

Edited by Orville
Coreect punctuation and a few mis-types.
  • Like 1

A few years ago Doug “Wire Frame Delights” made me a 6’ singing bulb.

I never got around to using it and converting my show to RGB so about a month ago a member stopped by my house to see my setup and get tips.

I gave him that to get him started perhaps with singing faces but if not it is still a nice prop to light.

My friend Orville helped me out a bunch and never asked for a dime even though he was going through tough times due to the hurricanes.

Always much appreciative for all of the help and all of the friends I have made along the way.

JR

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked