Light-O-Rama Forums

Seimans LOR enclosure

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just finished the First of 5 enclosures using the seimans cabinets, it is sweet

Check out the pictures

First one is cutting the plug Holes in the cabinet, I used a 4.5 inch side grinder with cut off wheels .. which worked rather well actually

I wanted receptacles on the cabinet, just because. No real reason except personal preference.

Attached files 44380=2606-yup-plugs-fit.jpg

Guest guest

Bill,

I love the look of the box. You did a nice job.

Can you share what you have invested in the materials. Not the LOR boards, but the box, plugs, wire, weatherproof covers, etc... Just wanted to compare to my setup for last year. $23 box + .97 cords (16) + $2 clamps = $40.52 per box x 2 = $81.04 (to compare with your setup)

Jeremy

Guest guest

Thanks for the comments ..

I had a tuff time deciding plastic or steel, but then decided that this would last a lifetime so decided to build it as such. I am going to paint some ribbons on them so they look like presents to blend in a little.

Price Sure .. $15.00 For The Seimans WP boxes (used) off ebay which was a very good price, plus shipping at $10.00 each $25.00

Cutoff wheels I used 4 per box at $2.00 a wheel. $8.00

Plugs at .30 each, I Didn't buy the Military grade, but didn't buy the cheapestones either, there is 16 in each box $4.80

I used approximately 30 feet of #12 AWG wire at .10 a foot $3.00

Misc screws, tape, wraps, Paint say $5.00

WP covers range from 2.50 to 4.00 each and we have 16 of them per box (my biggest expense, but I went this way so I could reduce the stress on the board and have the convenience of no cords hanging in storage. Just a personal preference for me. ) $64.00

So we have $101.80 for 32 channels. or just over $3.00 a channel

It will be fed with 4 20 amp circuits. I picked up a 400 amp 42 cct panel with 40 20 amp breakers in it off ebay for less then $200.00 which I will be installing shortly. and it is aleady MAY ... boy time flies when you are having fun and there is so much more to do.

I will place them out in the yard in bushes and behind Garden walls, in the center of what they will be controlling.

Guest guest

Looks really nice.

What type of weather covers are you using? I've been debating using cords or outlets, but unless you get those big plasic "In Use" covers, normal outdoor weather outlet covers won't be waterproof when you open the flap and plug in wires.

Guest guest

I was thinking the same thing about all the cords in and the covers basically open, not really a big concern for me becasue they are not out in the open or in the elements if you will but,

I thought if I had to though I might use a sleve type thing on it, Like the flaps you see on big doors in the cold weather, or maybe a 4 or 5 inch pipe cut in half , or maybe a large tire tube with a slit in it to drape over the cords. Maybe even a rain gutter.

but like I say my boxes will not be directly in the elements by design.
they will be living sheltered lives.