Light-O-Rama Forums

Putting a show together

redsea300

I have most of my programing done. I still have 3 songs with a little of each to finish. I started putting up lights outside last weekend. I figured I would sit down today and figure how to put the show together. I can't figure how to get my sequences into the sd card. I am using a LOR1602MP3 for controller #1. i want to run a show Sun-Thurs 5-9 pm and Friday and saturday 5-10 thew on Christmas and New years eve 5 till 1am. Wher do i start please help. Thanks alot

thanks for the link for the dc-mp3 book. When i got the controller that book wasn't with it. I tried to add sequence to the list in the lor mp3 tab and it says error open of serial port 4 has failed. Do i need to have the controller plugged into the computer with the usb45. That is the only way it will add a sequence into the playlist ? After i did that it still did not start the show. I did set up the clock on the controller with the computer attached. Any ideas i am still trying to figure it out
Thanks in advance Don

With that controller hooked up to your PC, and lights hooked up to the controller, does the sequence control the lights when you play it through the Sequence Editor?

Yes, If i hook it up to the computer with the usb485b converter it works great. I have put the selector switch on A and reset the button on the lor1602mp3. Loaded two test songs and put it to come on and load the sd card. Then i install in the box and it won't t start the songs at the time requested. It does nothing. The R(amber) led light is blinking saying it is waiting for a signal but nothing

I came home today and hook up a controller to the computer. It work fine. Now i reset the clock on the controller ( it was ok though). Tried the selector switch on A programed the sd card with
show cannot be interupted by triggers
play during scheduled time (set a time)
added two songs
hit create show
checked lock step
create
It created the sd card and two file were on it also 2 mp3 listed and a microsoft outlook config file. i installed into the lor1602mp3 director powered up the controller and waited. It still did not start the show at the time i put. It did nothing.
Help What did i do wrong

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Don

Very Important I found that LOR has a firmware update on some boxes shipped this year. See there web page. They had a problem with the show not starting on the time schedule. I uploaded this firmware and it worked.

Next problem i made a two song playlist it took aprox 3 min in between playing the first and second songs. I have the total time set on both songs right. i also have no audio out of the mp3 player.

Any Ideas
Thanks again Don
I am getting there slowly There has been a lot to do being this is my first year with LOR