Light-O-Rama Forums

Photo of display all on

DLH lites

The photographer wants to take a shot with all the lites on static.  Where can I go in the LOR program to turn them on without putting it in the program. I looked but guess I missed it somewhere.

Thanks 

David

18 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

The photographer wants to take a shot with all the lites on static.  Where can I go in the LOR program to turn them on without putting it in the program. I looked but guess I missed it somewhere.

Thanks 

David

You can't, the HU will only control one controller at a time. You will need to create a automation sequence and turn everything on then run the sequence.

You might get away with using the SE (show schedule: disabled), but it will probably be a PITA.

Right-click the row title: Test lights ON

💡 (controllers are all elsewhere, so I no can test) Hmmm. If you create a Group of all Lights: collapse it: Then do that test 👍

42 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You might get away with using the SE (show schedule: disabled), but it will probably be a PITA.

Right-click the row title: Test lights ON

💡 (controllers are all elsewhere, so I no can test) Hmmm. If you create a Group of all Lights: collapse it: Then do that test 👍

What are you talking about?

I'm with the others, just create an animation sequence with all the lights on.  Play it either from the Sequencer or create a show with that one sequence and play it as a Show on Demand.

In S4 if you right click on a channel button and choose test physical lights that channel/group will turn on.

At least if I remember S4 correctly. It's in there somewhere.

It's actually a feature I miss in S5 for testing stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

You can't, the HU will only control one controller at a time. You will need to create a automation sequence and turn everything on then run the sequence.

Uhm, that isn't exactly correct Mr. P. 

I have turned every light on in my display via the HU.  It's very simple, select the 1st controller, turn all lights on, go to next controller and turn all lights on, due this for each controller on each network.  I have 2 networks, 1 {Comm3} for my V2 CTB16PC Controllers and 1{Comm4} for my RGB CTB100D Controllers.  

I turn on every controller in the HU using the on 100% command in the HU.  For the RGB lights, I select what ever color I want for those strands on each controller and turn each controller on at 100% right after I select the color and port{s} I want to turn on.

Then when I'm ready to turn ALL the LIGHTS OFF on ALL Controllers, I just close the HU, and everything is shut down.

I'd think the HU would work the same way no matter what version of the LOR Software Suite you're using.  Unless newer versions don't have an HU, but I can't see why they wouldn't for testing purposes.

Edited by Orville

There is a limit to how many you can turn on using HU, I found that out when trying to get mine turned on a certain way for photos. Don't remember the the number but after a certain amount it started turning others off.  (that was last year in S4, didn't try it this year in S5).  

39 minutes ago, Orville said:

Uhm, that isn't exactly correct Mr. P. 

I have turned every light on in my display via the HU.  It's very simple, select the 1st controller, turn all lights on, go to next controller and turn all lights on, due this for each controller on each network.  I have 2 networks, 1 {Comm3} for my V2 CTB16PC Controllers and 1{Comm4} for my RGB CTB100D Controllers.  

I turn on every controller in the HU using the on 100% command in the HU.  For the RGB lights, I select what ever color I want for those strands on each controller and turn each controller on at 100% right after I select the color and port{s} I want to turn on.

Then when I'm ready to turn ALL the LIGHTS OFF on ALL Controllers, I just close the HU, and everything is shut down.

I'd think the HU would work the same way no matter what version of the LOR Software Suite you're using.  Unless newer versions don't have an HU, but I can't see why they wouldn't for testing purposes.

Not exactly true either.  There are a lot of IFs.

All on 1 network (because HU only works with 1 at a time),  They must be dumb controllers (No Pix allowed ;) ).   And a simple pattern (On Twinkle, Shimmer)

You can use the HU to select the unit you want to turn all lights on , then select the next unit and turn all lights on , as long as you don't turn them off they will stay on. I have done this to balance out my circuits with the KILL-A-WATT. I think the most units that I have turned on at the same time was 5. When you get done you can go back, select the unit and turn the lights off for each unit. This works for the CTB16PC's not sure about other controllers.

Just read Mr. P's post and he is correct when it comes to the CTB16PC controllers.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Not exactly true either.  There are a lot of IFs.

All on 1 network (because HU only works with 1 at a time),  They must be dumb controllers (No Pix allowed ;) ).   And a simple pattern (On Twinkle, Shimmer)

Then my HU must be unique, because I have Network 1 {Regular} on Comm 3 {all CTB16PC Controllers} and I have Network 2 {Aux A} on Comm 4 {all CCB-100D RGB Controllers} and I can turn on ALL my Controllers on Network 1, then go to Network 2 and turn ALL my RGB Controllers on as well.  I have had all 9 controllers on at the same time in the HU with different networks and Comm ports, just as long as I DID NOT turn anything off, all stayed on full when selected.

So I'd have thought it would work in that manner for any, and all controllers, no matter what network they happen to be on.

I just know *I* can do it, and I have done so quite often, just to test for burned out or improperly function lights/props, or to turn on everything to replace burned out bulbs in a strand to make sure they'll be working when show time comes again.

So if this doesn't work for others, don't know why.   All I know is, that it does work for me

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Then my HU must be unique, because I have Network 1 {Regular} on Comm 3 {all CTB16PC Controllers} and I have Network 2 {Aux A} on Comm 4 {all CCB-100D RGB Controllers} and I can turn on ALL my Controllers on Network 1, then go to Network 2 and turn ALL my RGB Controllers on as well.  I have had all 9 controllers on at the same time in the HU with different networks and Comm ports, just as long as I DID NOT turn anything off, all stayed on full when selected.

So I'd have thought it would work in that manner for any, and all controllers, no matter what network they happen to be on.

I just know *I* can do it, and I have done so quite often, just to test for burned out or improperly function lights/props, or to turn on everything to replace burned out bulbs in a strand to make sure they'll be working when show time comes again.

So if this doesn't work for others, don't know why.   All I know is, that it does work for me

I could be the one with the odd network. I thought it was the 'discovery' of attached controllers that killed the others

Easiest way as others have stated- just open a new sequence. Scroll down the first column (top to bottom) then right click in the border. "Select Rows". Right click there and turn on.

Done in 15 seconds.

JR

4 hours ago, prevue12 said:

I had over 20 controllers when I tried it last, and some turned off when others came on. 

I can't say if that'd make a difference or not.  I only have 9 controllers and it worked in HU with them.  But I do agree Animation Sequences are truly better suited for this.

However, as others have also said, animation sequences is the easiest way to do it.   I just import my current channel config for my Christmas display into the animation sequence and just turn on all channels throughout the sequence. And then I have a second animation sequence with the same set up with all channels off.  I use those mainly to verify everything is working properly in the display, usually bulb/LED checks.  

I have a lot of various 5 minute long animation sequences that run for 2 hours after my show shuts down for the night.  And then it runs those same 5 sequences again in the early morning for 2 hours {5am-7am}.

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I could be the one with the odd network. I thought it was the 'discovery' of attached controllers that killed the others

That's what I thought would happen when I tried seeing if I could turn on all my controllers at the same time via the HU.  I was kind of surprised that it worked, as I thought just as you, the discovery of the 5 RGB Controllers would wipe out the others, but since they are on 2 separate networks, I figured that's why it worked, as what is on Network 1/Comm 3 should not be affected by what is on Network 2/Comm 4.  At least in theory it shouldn't.  And it didn't in the real world when I tried it and it worked.

But I do usually, and most often use Animation Sequences for doing this kind of thing.

I tested this a little while ago.  If you have multiple networks, using the HU as described will not work.  As soon as you select one network, the heartbeat on any other networks will stop.  Within a couple seconds of loss of heartbeat, LOR controllers will turn off the lights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I tested this a little while ago.  If you have multiple networks, using the HU as described will not work.  As soon as you select one network, the heartbeat on any other networks will stop.  Within a couple seconds of loss of heartbeat, LOR controllers will turn off the lights.

Intersting.  Wonder why mine doesn't?🤔  Maybe I have a corrupt HU?🤔  But I'm not gonna fix it if it is.B)

• The topic was locked