Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2d V3 (CCRII) 100 pixel Issues

Yuma Dave

New to LOR all together... recently purchased 2 each of the CCPII (bullet 50's and bullet 100's). After some extensive research in the forums here, I was able to get the 50's working properly...so I hope. The 100's are only lighting up the first 50 on each channel during a sequence. I am using v5.3.12 Pro and SS sequencer (16000 pixel). When creating a quick visualization, I cant get it to recognize more than 150 channels using the CCR controller on the regular network. 

Using the HU test all 300 channels fine, the configuration was done the same as the 150 channel (50 leds) with the pixels per string changed to 100 vise 50. I don't know where to start in finding what I am doing wrong here... the Unit ID's for the 50's were set to 14 (and 15) and 16 (and 17). The 100's are unit id's 18 (and 19) as well as 19 (and 20). 

My network is set up as 500K enhanced on COM 3. I do have the AC 16 as unit 1, and the 4 singing trees as shown on units 30-36 respectively. 

So much for plug and play...lol Any help is greatly appreciated!

SS Sequencer QuickViz settings.JPG

In the HU under the Cosmic Color/Pixie Config, when you have the controller selected did you change the Logical Resolution to the CCPII to 100 Pixels?   And did you change the # of end-to-end CCR Ribbons from 1 to 2?  If not, you need to change these on every CCPII Controller so they know how many pixels and strings you have on each.

My controllers are older and using S4, but would think the Logical Resolution for the number of pixels you have would be based on the Controller selected, that is, I'd think it should add the maximum # of Pixels the Controller can handle, which for yours is 100.  As the HU I think usually defaults to 50 Pixels.

Only other thing I can see from your screen shot would be to separate the Regular Controllers and keep them on the Regular Network and put the Pixel Controllers on a 2nd Network of their own.

But only played with S5 for a brief time, so I can't say what else may need to change or be done,  or if I've missed entirely.

Hope others may have other ideas on what the issue might be, if it's neither of the 2 I've suggested.

Edited by Orville
Fix Typos

Your unit IDs in your sequencer need to match your unit IDs as you set in HU.

You mention 2 pixie 2’s

14 and 15

16 and 17

But then reference 18 and 19

19 and 20

That would mean you would have 4 pixie 2’s

Each pixie 2 can have 2 unit IDs

You assign the first in HU and the 2nd is automatic.

You must also assign those unit IDs to SE or Preview or whatever S5 calls it.

That is your problem, set the unit IDs correctly and it will be solved.

Your 2 pixie unit IDs should be

pixie2 -  14,15

pixie2 - 16, 17

if you are using units 18 and 19

20 and 21

you would have a unit ID over lap or sharing a unit ID. But I still refer you back to where you say you have 2 pixie controllers and not 4.

if using 18 and 19 the se one should be 19 and 20

Set the pixels per port accordingly 

The AC controller will play with the pixies on the same NW as long as it is a Gen3 controller. No need to separate the network. I help people all the time.

I have a tutorial in the General Hardware section at the very top of the page. 

Configuration and setup a pixie16. All pixies work the same. There is a video, it may be a good watch for you.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

26 minutes ago, Orville said:

In the HU under the Cosmic Color/Pixie Config, when you have the controller selected did you change the Logical Resolution to the CCPII to 100 Pixels? 

I did set the resolution to 100. 

28 minutes ago, Orville said:

And did you change the # of end-to-end CCR Ribbons from 1 to 2?

Is this done in the HU?

I appreciate your response! 

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That would mean you would have 4 pixie 2’s

Each pixie 2 can have 2 unit IDs

You assign the first in HU and the 2nd is automatic.

You must also assign those unit IDs to SE or Preview or whatever S5 calls it.

I do have 4, two 50 string, and two 100 string. I misspoke when I listed the unit ID's of the last two on my original post...it is in fact 18 and 19, then 20 and 21. All were assigned as such in SE as well. I am going to try Orville's suggestion then move on to your suggestion. Thank you for your response! 

7 minutes ago, Yuma Dave said:

I do have 4, two 50 string, and two 100 string. I misspoke when I listed the unit ID's of the last two on my original post...it is in fact 18 and 19, then 20 and 21. All were assigned as such in SE as well. I am going to try Orville's suggestion then move on to your suggestion. Thank you for your response! 

Where are your units 30 - 36 come in to play?

If they are your pixies - that is your problem as I noted.

HU as referenced in my tutorial is for setting up and configuring the Hardware. Look at it as a back door to the controller.

As soon as you shut that door all bets are off.

If I were you I would watch the tutorial instead of going in blind sided. There are things in the tutorial that get you to where you need to be.

If your sequence has AC unit 1 and you did not set the dip switches to off on the pixies you are seeing your pixies being controlled by the AC unit sequence.

Pixies are set by LOR in most cases to ship with a dip switch on - auto setting the pixie to unit 1. Except for the 16x25 tree.

All of that is explained in my tutorial.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Where are your units 30 - 36 come in to play?

These are the singing trees. These are working fine. I will be heading to your video now! :) 

25 minutes ago, Yuma Dave said:

These are the singing trees. These are working fine. I will be heading to your video now! :) 

What unit IDs are the singing trees?

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

What unit IDs are the singing trees?

JR

Tree 1, 30 and 31, tree 2 is 32 and 33, tree 3 is 34 and 35, and tree 4 is 36 and 37. 

As it turns out, I had already watched your video, just through YouTube vise these forums. But going through step by step, I verified the setup and it was done just as you did it here. Still able to test all the lights in the HU and all 200 lights come on, all 300 pixels (of each string) light properly as well. Everything matches in S5 as far as unit ID's. 

From what I can see,  the problem lies within the quick visualization in superstar only allowing 150 channels (per string), not the 300 the this controller needs...more so my lack of knowledge in using it!

Edited by Yuma Dave
Clarification

2 hours ago, Yuma Dave said:

Tree 1, 30 and 31, tree 2 is 32 and 33, tree 3 is 34 and 35, and tree 4 is 36 and 37. 

As it turns out, I had already watched your video, just through YouTube vise these forums. But going through step by step, I verified the setup and it was done just as you did it here. Still able to test all the lights in the HU and all 200 lights come on, all 300 pixels (of each string) light properly as well. Everything matches in S5 as far as unit ID's. 

From what I can see,  the problem lies within the quick visualization in superstar only allowing 150 channels (per string), not the 300 the this controller needs...more so my lack of knowledge in using it!

Please tell us EXACTLY how many controllers you have, unit IDs per each.

Your opening post is not adding up to things you are saying and showing 

Without that you can’t receive the proper assistance.

If you watched a YouTube video that’s not me.

JR

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Please tell us EXACTLY how many controllers you have, unit IDs per each.

Your opening post is not adding up to things you are saying and showing 

Without that you can’t receive the proper assistance.

If you watched a YouTube video that’s not me.

JR

I have a total of 9 controllers.

Unit 1 is the ac- 16 channel

Unit ID 14 is a Pixie 2d controller (50 lights each string x2 strings)

Unit ID 16 is a Pixie 2d controller (50 lights each string x2 strings)

Unit ID 18 is a Pixie 2d controller (100 lights each string x2 strings)

Unit ID 20 is a Pixie 2d controller (100 lights each string x2 strings)

The singing trees are setup with their default Unit IDs from LOR and listed below.

Unit ID 30 is a singing tree with I believe a Pixie 2d controller

Unit ID 32 is a singing tree with I believe a Pixie 2d controller

Unit ID 34 is a singing tree with I believe a Pixie 2d controller

Unit ID 36 is a singing tree with I believe a Pixie 2d controller

3 hours ago, Yuma Dave said:

the problem lies within the quick visualization in superstar only allowing 150 channels (per string), not the 300 the this controller needs...more so my lack of knowledge in using it!

Flag on the play!  Confirming that you are using Version 5.3.12 as your profile indicates.  Are you opening SuperStar directly or are you selecting a Motion Effect row in S5 Sequencer and using the "Insert SuperStar Effects"?  If you are opening SuperStar directly, you should be seeing a half page warning that although allowed, that is not the intended way to use SuperStar, and then instructions on how to open SuperStar through Sequencer.  That warning is there for a reason.  If going into SuperStar using the intended workflow in S5, you should never need to Create a Quick Visualization in SuperStar.

Do you have a Preview in S5 Sequencer that is correctly laid out with all your props and their channel assignments?

5 hours ago, Yuma Dave said:

4@ Pixie 2's  use a total of 8 ID's

BUT you only CAN set the first one per board.  And that applies whether you USE a boards port or not.

Pixie 1  18 (inherits 19)

Pixie 3  1A (inherits 1B  << note: HEXIDECIMAL. )

Pixie  4 2C (inherits 1D )

Pixie 2  20 (inherits 21)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Flag on the play!  Confirming that you are using Version 5.3.12 as your profile indicates.  Are you opening SuperStar directly or are you selecting a Motion Effect row in S5 Sequencer and using the "Insert SuperStar Effects"?  If you are opening SuperStar directly, you should be seeing a half page warning that although allowed, that is not the intended way to use SuperStar, and then instructions on how to open SuperStar through Sequencer.  That warning is there for a reason.  If going into SuperStar using the intended workflow in S5, you should never need to Create a Quick Visualization in SuperStar.

Do you have a Preview in S5 Sequencer that is correctly laid out with all your props and their channel assignments?

Guilty of opening it directly and as far as the instructions that follows the warning, I didn't understand them...still researching the correct way to open SS. 

I do have the preview created, and have added with the proper Unit ID's...so I think. 

Opening SStar through S5 solved this issue.... both strings work on each channel as they should. Thanks to all who contributed! 

OP - in this hobby more information is better than not enough. Most of us here are here to help as we can but can only base it on what is provided at face value.

Glad my friend Jim was able to help you out. He uses both S4 and S5.

Happy Lighting and Happy Holidays

JR

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:23 AM, Yuma Dave said:

I did set the resolution to 100. 

Is this done in the HU?

I appreciate your response! 

Yes, all done in the HU.

• Thanks 1