Light-O-Rama Forums

New set up...Tractor Parade

tpavlak

Hi all - 

I have a basic set up 16 ch, USB485 cabled to the controller. The hardware manager sees the controller and all appears to be good. Now, what I cant find easily is how to load a sequence, or understand the difference between LOR and LMS files.

My set up will be very basic, 2-3 channels on the big tractor pulling a trailer with 5 tractors on it. Then some lights and things around the trailer. Each tractor on the trailer will be its own channel, and the rest will be just how we hang the lights up.

Im finding lots of sequences...but How do I load and test them? I'm not sure I'm "seeing" what to do next .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

.LMS = LOR Musical Sequence, .LAS = LOR Animation Sequence, LCS = LOR Compressed Sequence.  .LSV = LOR Sequence Visualizer

.lms are created when you create a Musical Sequence to synchronize lights to music. 

.las are created when you create an Animation Sequence that contains no audio, just lighting commands, used for background lights being on when the show runs or could be used between sequences when creating a show to have a short lights on display, like a 5 minute Animation Sequence that would turn on specific or all lights after al Musical Sequences would run. 

Compressed files are just that, sequences that have been compressed to save space and load faster during a show.  Not all sequences can be compressed, I have some very short Musical {.lms} Sequences that are very short, so no reason for them to get compressed,  If in the LOR Software Compressed is turned on, the compression is done automatically for any sequences that can be compressed down.

.lsv files are created from your animation preference set up in the LOR software, this file is created from either the Animation Windows drawings or the Visualizer in the LOR software.

As for LOR files, all the above ARE LOR Files.

Hope that answers your questions.

15 hours ago, tpavlak said:

Hi all - 

I have a basic set up 16 ch, USB485 cabled to the controller. The hardware manager sees the controller and all appears to be good. Now, what I cant find easily is how to load a sequence, or understand the difference between LOR and LMS files.

My set up will be very basic, 2-3 channels on the big tractor pulling a trailer with 5 tractors on it. Then some lights and things around the trailer. Each tractor on the trailer will be its own channel, and the rest will be just how we hang the lights up.

Im finding lots of sequences...but How do I load and test them? I'm not sure I'm "seeing" what to do next .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Can you update your profile to show what version.rev of Showtime you have?

What controller?  You can load a show from S4.x onto many controllers, the disconnect the LOR network. There are limits of what can be done (or how many nodes are involved).

You test your sequence while developing (you might only use a night light per AC channel (if that is your controller type) for the sequence  part of the check. Visually ???)

Last test after DEVELOPING the sequences, is to load the controller and run it standalone. then install on the tractor (show stage)

I have the CTB16PCg3 controller...S5 software. I created my preview...and groups so that went well.

The night light is a great idea...

Getting ready to set a musical sequence up...just to try and see how hard it is...I'm working with basic lights and big objects...tractors and trailer so...should be fairly simple. 

I don't understand how to take a 32 ch or more and import it to my 16ch...

2 minutes ago, tpavlak said:

I have the CTB16PCg3 controller...S5 software. I created my preview...and groups so that went well.

The night light is a great idea...

Getting ready to set a musical sequence up...just to try and see how hard it is...I'm working with basic lights and big objects...tractors and trailer so...should be fairly simple. 

I don't understand how to take a 32 ch or more and import it to my 16ch...

You copy and paste the portions of the sequence that you like.

ok well....as I understand this...1 - Set the preview up (Done), 2 - create a sequence - Is this where I'd add music in...what do I use for initial timing? one of the wizards?