Light-O-Rama Forums

Show not playing

jgcorl

So I just transitioned to a new computer.  I installed the s5 software suite on my new computer.  I copied all songs/backup files, etc from my old computer to my new one.  I updated the path for songs so it reads them from my new computer.

Whenever I go to play the show (just did a simple show builder and ran show on demand), there is no music and the lights just blink erradically (which is a whole other problem in itself). My question is, why wont it play my music or anything correctly?

Some of these might help. The paths to your documents can change with Windows version

Did you copy the ENTIRE contents of the LOR data folder including \commondata and lorinternal, 

Is the preview present and displaying. You may need to reassign  it on the new machine if the paths are different.

Is the adaptor and drivers installed, and on the same Com port, look in Device Manager.

Did you open each sequence, reassociate the audio, and save.

You may need to recreate the play files by running a show on demand, (takes a while) watch the LOR status log to see if any errors are happening in the show.

Make sure you copy Everything in the LOR folders.

Install 5.3.x and point it to the top lor folder in the file menu

Open each sequence and make sure the audio file is associated. 

Save sequence.

Open show editor, create a show of all seqs. In options check load all files.

Play the show on demand. It will take a while.

When you hear the music start shut it down,

Create your scheduled show and test it.