Light-O-Rama Forums

Advice Needed

Joe Polenchar

Hey Everyone,

I know that this is a bad time for everyone with your shows going on and the Holidays.  I have been doing LOR for 11 years now.  You would think that I should know just about everything by now. Ha Ha.  The show has been working flawlessly since Thanksgiving night.  Last night at the start time of the show it was like demons took over.  None of the lights and props were doing what they should have been doing and the lights were way off if they worked properly at all.  Channels not coming on or just staying on.  First thoughts were it was raining and very wet. GFCI'S not tripping.  I restarted all of the controllers and the Laptop.  Same result as before.  Nothing working as it should.  I have a brand new Light O Rama Usb Converter with Voltage Booster 485.  Took my orignal one out and put the new one in.  Still same problem.  Ran the hardware utility.  13 ctb 16 residental controllers found.  All looks good.. I have no idea what the problem is.  My next project is going to be to go outside and look at all of the cat 5 cables and the jacks on the controllers.  If need be I will replace all of the cat 5.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Also if this helps the show is not running and the lights flash and chase all by themselves for a very short time and then stop.  Thanks all in advance,

Joe Polenchar

Edited by Joe Polenchar
Needed to add some information

So the show has run perfect every night since Thanksgiving and just all of a sudden it went haywire? First question, what changed? Did you add something or take away? Change a setting or do something on the computer? Was it just the rain, is this the first time it has rained since the show started?

Mr. P,

That is correct all of a sudden it went bonkers.Nothing changed except the weather.

No additions or subtractions.Nothing done to the PC.I do not know if it was just the rain. It has rained and sleeted prior to this rainfall. Nothing out of the ordinary happened back then.

First, make sure that none of your controllers got wet. Then I would start to do hard resets on each controller.

Thanks all for your suggestions and input on my problem.
I just now have found the problem and it is fixed and up and ready to go. Controller 01 the first one in line would not power up. If you left it plugged in long enough it would power up for a few seconds and then go off again. Checked it out as best as I could. Fuses were fine. It must be something else. Replaced it with one of my spare controllers and all is well. I will be sending it in to Light O Rama after the holidays for repair. Again thanks all and Happy Lighting.

• The topic was locked