Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying sequences from S4

jgcorl

So I am still trying to figure out why my lights are glitchy in my light show this year.  Perhaps someone has some experience in this realm, but are you able to copy your timings and/or effects from an s4 to s5 sequencer file? I did my old songs on s4 software and updated this year to s5, so I copied my timings from the s4 sequences to the updated song versions.  Does this cause issues for anyone?

Since you can't have S4 and S5 open at the same time on the same PC, how did you copy timings over. It is much easier to upgrade the whole sequence by simply opening the .LMS sequence in S5 and upgrading using one of the options offered.

At this stage of the season, I would stick with what you know in S4 until the new year. S5 is a big leap from S4 and takes a while to get the hang of.

agree, just open and let the migration do the work but

if you actually copied, watch out for the paste by setting near the top of the page, which defaults to cell, which means it pastes 1 cell from the copied data to one cell in the new sequence.   if the original had a variable timing grid and the new one has a fixed grid for example, it would paste 1 variable cell into 1 fixed grid cel which of course would be no where near what you wanted.   Be sure to set paste by time to get an exact match

Also, useful when copying from s shared sequence when you don't have the exact grid. 

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

Since you can't have S4 and S5 open at the same time on the same PC, how did you copy timings over. It is much easier to upgrade the whole sequence by simply opening the .LMS sequence in S5 and upgrading using one of the options offered.

So I had all my songs from last year on computer A.  I redid 9 songs with s5 software on this computer.  I simply copied the timings from all songs from the previous year (opened them up in s5 and it recognized them, etc.). I then created entire new files using the preview and props and everything s5 had to offer.  The only thing I copied from my old songs was the timing grids.  Well nothing was working with shows and lights were wonky, etc. So I was wondering if that could be an underlying cause.

I dont see any reason a timing grid could cause the problems you describe, unless you coppied some random events over at some point.

Is your network up to the task. Pixels, AC or what.

If you did the S4 file import all the timings, events and layout should come over, without the need to copy and paste at all. Then just delete the events and start over.

I have multiple timing grids and they all came over perfectly

• Like 1