Light-O-Rama Forums

1602w w/ mp3

cotrill

I have a question, our neighborhood wants to animate. If I get the 1602w with MP3 show director how do I connect an FM transmitter? I see the audio output on the show director, is that where I plug the transmitter in?

Also does anyone have any suggestions on where to locate the transmitter?

Don't have a 1602w but that sounds about right.

There are dozens of transmitters available. Everything from a hacked Belkin (<$20) on up. Ramsey has been very popular. It is available in kit or ready to use. EDM is relatively new around here and has been well received. See this thread for a group buy. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum80/17092.html

There are a few posts here and a ton of posts on Planet Christmas regarding transmitters. Just do a quick search.

As far as locating as in were to purchase, if you want something more powerful than a Belkin, you will need to purchase on-line.

sorry I should have clarified the location question. I meant in the display, any ideas where to locate the transmitter in the actual display? Since this is a neighborhood entrance, there are no homes or shelters of any kind to put a transmitter. I guess one could be mounted in a box similar to the controller box.

cotrill wrote:

sorry I should have clarified the location question. I meant in the display, any ideas where to locate the transmitter in the actual display? Since this is a neighborhood entrance, there are no homes or shelters of any kind to put a transmitter. I guess one could be mounted in a box similar to the controller box.

The EDM unit can fit inside the controler box with antenna (Wire) and all. you may get some interference but is an options. If you want an EDM unit PM Scott asap the LAST batch for the season is filling fast. Also a few weeks lag in receaving it.

Harrison

You would plug your radio in cord to the director card. If you needed, you could remove the director card, and keep it near the FM transmitter and run a cat 5 cable from the card to the nearest controller.

I keep my director card in my workspace so that if I want to edit a sequence, I can upload it to the memory card without having to go outside and fumble around with it.

Guest wbottomley

cotrill wrote:

I have a question, our neighborhood wants to animate. If I get the 1602w with MP3 show director how do I connect an FM transmitter? I see the audio output on the show director, is that where I plug the transmitter in?

Also does anyone have any suggestions on where to locate the transmitter?

Mike, here's what I've done so far...

DSC01025.jpg

My Ramsey, Director Card, & all outputs are located in one box. All I do is connect power to the Ramsey, connect antenna, connect LOR network and interactive inputs.

Here's one more pic....

DSC00224_edit.jpg

Guest wbottomley

The box is 14x12x8 and it's a FM35BT, which you can't get anymore.

Basically it's the same size as the 25 or 30.

On the bottom of the box, I have LOR network inputs/outputs and interactive inputs.