Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Channel Layout

cotrill

I added a few new channels to my channel layout. When I go to my existing sequences and import the new layout (it has 3 new channels) they import, however the sequence doesn't adjust to the new channel layout.

For instance: I added 3 new mini trees, so I want those to import as trees 5,6, and 7. The channel grid is fine, the sequence is now off by 3 rows. What am I doing wrong?

cotrill wrote:

I added a few new channels to my channel layout. When I go to my existing sequences and import the new layout (it has 3 new channels) they import, however the sequence doesn't adjust to the new channel layout.

For instance: I added 3 new mini trees, so I want those to import as trees 5,6, and 7. The channel grid is fine, the sequence is now off by 3 rows. What am I doing wrong?

Did you add the new channels at the end (bottom)? If you put them in the middle, all the ones below them will be off by 3. The way to do it is add them at the bottom, then import the new configuration, then move the new lines where you want them.

cotrill wrote:

I put them in the middle. So would I need to add them to the bottom of every sequence and then import and copy?

you can add them to the bottom of 1 sequence, add them to your animation screen, export that configuration, then import it to every other sequence. Then the new channels will be at the bottom of each sequence. You can move them to the (same) desired location in every sequence, but this could be error prone.

Or, you can put them where you want them in one sequence, add them to your animation screen and export that configuration. Then go into every other sequence and add 3 'dummy' channels in the same location in each, then import the configuration and it will overlay the 'dummy' channels with the new ones.