Light-O-Rama Forums

Customer service

Dennis Laff

<head slap> Mr P has it. I bought a majority of my stuff  on Pre-seson sale.  (but how would I know which was a preseson item, I have bought the same  later, besides, I sometimes cut strings (the cut was not near or the cause of the fails).

I understand merchant issues. The folk who scam returns.  Twice I have gotten Laser printer (customer repackaged NEW stuff).  I won't by previously sold, electronics returns because of all the 'missing part or WRONG part  in the package.

HC use to have two sales a year, one in January and one in July. The January one always bothered me because we only received a 60 day warranty so I would receive items in April but not be able to put them in system until November. If they didn't work I was pretty much out of luck.

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

HC use to have two sales a year, one in January and one in July. The January one always bothered me because we only received a 60 day warranty so I would receive items in April but not be able to put them in system until November. If they didn't work I was pretty much out of luck.

I always bring them in as soon as I get them and test.

It's not hard to hook up a controller and 16 strips for testing. My dinning room is my prop building room year round. One of the perks of being single.

But I do agree agree that the 60 day warranty bites!

I am waiting for the pre-sale this season. I need 2 more controllers, nodes, and pixel net. All will come from Holidaycoro.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I always bring them in as soon as I get them and test.

It's not hard to hook up a controller and 16 strips for testing. My dinning room is my prop building room year round. One of the perks of being single.

But I do agree agree that the 60 day warranty bites!

I am waiting for the pre-sale this season. I need 2 more controllers, nodes, and pixel net. All will come from Holidaycoro.

I always test when I receive them but it always seems that things work differently when they are installed in a full system for some reason. 

I still purchase lights and stuff but I have pretty much passed on their Alphapix controllers now. Maybe the newer versions are more reliable but the original/older versions V1 and V2  always had reliability issues so I now purchase Falcons.

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I always test when I receive them but it always seems that things work differently when they are installed in a full system for some reason. 

I still purchase lights and stuff but I have pretty much passed on their Alphapix controllers now. Maybe the newer versions are more reliable but the original/older versions V1 and V2  always had reliability issues so I now purchase Falcons.

I have been lucky as mine are all v3.

I would like to get a couple of their new controllers, but I hear they have off color issues with lights. So I guess I will pick up 2 more Alpha's.

• The topic was locked