Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor problems in S5

grillhappy

Are any of you experiencing problems with the Show Editor in S5?  I run an evening Show with many entries.  Every evening so far in 2019, my show has (never in the same spot) stopped, then re-starts by playing a completely different Show entry than my PLAY IN ORDER asks for.  Also, the CP Log deletes itself and my lights never shut off at show's end (like in other years).  I have been using LOR since 2015 and I have never experienced these problems before.  I have tried dividing my Show into eight different mini-Shows, but the same problem occurs even before the first mini-Show is finished.  I have tried loading all the Entries before the Show plays AND loading each Entry as needed.  Same failed result.  I have uninstalled, then reinstalled LOR: same result.  Is this because the Show Editor has never been revised to meet the demands of S5? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Sorry I haven't seen any issues with my show stopping, but have seen where you mentioned the lights not turning off at the end of the Show.  To fix this, I created a Blank Animated sequence with the current years preview and had no lights turn on for about 1 minute.  This sequence runs during the "Shutdown" part of the show.  This solved this problem for me.

22 minutes ago, Little_b said:

Sorry I haven't seen any issues with my show stopping, but have seen where you mentioned the lights not turning off at the end of the Show.  To fix this, I created a Blank Animated sequence with the current years preview and had no lights turn on for about 1 minute.  This sequence runs during the "Shutdown" part of the show.  This solved this problem for me.

I've done this for a while on S4 shows (and probably did with S3.)

Problem SOLVED!!! The solution was quite simple.  I have my LOR show files on an external hard drive (to save space on my laptop).  When plugging in my system this season, I plugged the hard drive into a USB hub, then plugged the hub into my computer.  Bad decision!  That caused all my show stopping and not shutting lights off problems.  Yesterday, when I re-routed my hard drive DIRECTLY into my computer, my problems all disappeared.  My show is going smoothly now.