Light-O-Rama Forums

Help where do I start.

Jessie

1 hour ago, TexasLights said:

I like the 4 up style too, I went 4 wide (its not perfect but close).   The other thing I also did is draw really rough shapes, most are just strings of lights in the right area.  Since a lot were multicolor I didn't worry about them and just made sure the solid colors they needed to be.   You can still see things are kind of rough in this example.   The more screen space you have the better.   If you don't have an extra monitor, plug into your TV and use it to run the preview window while you watch it play in the sequence editor. 

My pixel tree isn't that large, but it was what I was working on at the time so I made it easier to see.

IMG_1665b.jpeg

Wow thats a nice setup

6 hours ago, Jessie said:

Thanks you PJD for the info, So the CP is another program right? And the SE is another program that has the Preview and where you can sync the lights to the song right? I only been in the SE program messing around. I have not been in that CP program yet, my controller should arrive tomorrow. 

I notice in your preview picture your not assigning the channels like 01.01 gazebo is that right?  Do you need to assign the channels as your adding the props? 

PJD, just opened up the CP and this is what I see. This is correct? I don’t have any shortcuts like your saying. 

Hi Jessie - I'm afraid I wasn't online last night.  In case you haven't worked it out, here are a couple of pictures that might help.

When you first run the LOR Control Panel, you should see this Popup box. (Unless you have ticked the box not to see it in the futures - I don't do that as I like to know that it worked)

mJHFzuc.png

Click OK to clear the box (if you don't, the right-click below won't work)

You will now have the LOR light-bulb running down in the system tray on your task bar and the LOR Comm Listener (has a CL icon in the task bar) will be running.

Md2hAdv.png

Right click on the light-bulb icon to see the LOR menu

mw4ggpv.png

Although the menu seems a little scary, you don't often use more than half of these options.  The ones I've used are:

Sequencer (SE)
Superstar Sequencer (because I added pixels this year)
Hardware Utility (when first setting up the controllers - haven't touched it since)
Network Preferences (again, only during initial setup)
Show Editor (to put a group of sequences together into a show)
Schedule Editor (to setup a schedule for when my show will run)
Enable Schedule (to actually use the schedule that was created)
Show on Demand to run a show without a schedule (used a lot during testing phase).
Disable shows Gracefully - only available when a show is running - will stop the show at the end of the current sequence
Disable shows immediately
Unload Light-O-Rama - Unloads the Control Panel and Comm Listener

4 hours ago, PJD said:

Hi Jessie - I'm afraid I wasn't online last night.  In case you haven't worked it out, here are a couple of pictures that might help.

When you first run the LOR Control Panel, you should see this Popup box. (Unless you have ticked the box not to see it in the futures - I don't do that as I like to know that it worked)

mJHFzuc.png

Click OK to clear the box (if you don't, the right-click below won't work)

You will now have the LOR light-bulb running down in the system tray on your task bar and the LOR Comm Listener (has a CL icon in the task bar) will be running.

Md2hAdv.png

Right click on the light-bulb icon to see the LOR menu

mw4ggpv.png

Although the menu seems a little scary, you don't often use more than half of these options.  The ones I've used are:

Sequencer (SE)
Superstar Sequencer (because I added pixels this year)
Hardware Utility (when first setting up the controllers - haven't touched it since)
Network Preferences (again, only during initial setup)
Show Editor (to put a group of sequences together into a show)
Schedule Editor (to setup a schedule for when my show will run)
Enable Schedule (to actually use the schedule that was created)
Show on Demand to run a show without a schedule (used a lot during testing phase).
Disable shows Gracefully - only available when a show is running - will stop the show at the end of the current sequence
Disable shows immediately
Unload Light-O-Rama - Unloads the Control Panel and Comm Listener

Thanks PJD, I will try to look for that in the control panel. 
I played with the software yesterday, followed everything You mentioned made the preview, put it in sequences added music and I got arches to dance around!!!! Yessssssssss. It was all out of beat but yeahhhhh it worked 😁
I did alot of copy and paste copy and paste, but oh well it is a start. Thank you.

My controller should arrive today, i will connect it and see what the CP is all about. I will just connect simple lights to it to see if I can make it do something.

Thanks update you on what happens