Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing An Arch

BobW

I would like to add a couple of arches to accompany my pixel mega tree, using my leftover ports. I'm looking for directions for creating some arch sequences using S5. I'm not interested in buying SuperStar.

Thanks,

Bob W

Edited by BobW

Big tip with arches are make sure they are all the same amount of pixels. Also, the color black is your best friend when doing arch sequencing, it adds a touch you'll want at times.

I just create 1 arch in my preview then copy it to my other 3, I then create a group with all 4 arches in that. There's times sequencing them as a group works better than individually. It's up to you all in all. I don't use superstar. The motion effects almost all look good on arches, bar effect is probably the most used, but blending a few effects works also, they look neat with twinkle added in too. Just create a copy of your preview and edit on that, that way you don't hurt your main preview until you're actually ready to add those arches in.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Big tip with arches are make sure they are all the same amount of pixels. Also, the color black is your best friend when doing arch sequencing, it adds a touch you'll want at times.

I just create 1 arch in my preview then copy it to my other 3, I then create a group with all 4 arches in that. There's times sequencing them as a group works better than individually. It's up to you all in all. I don't use superstar. The motion effects almost all look good on arches, bar effect is probably the most used, but blending a few effects works also, they look neat with twinkle added in too. Just create a copy of your preview and edit on that, that way you don't hurt your main preview until you're actually ready to add those arches in.

Thanks for the tips. Could you maybe send me a couple of short sequences so I can get a feel for this? I don't know if I should break the arch up into 8 segments, or leave it as a single string. I'm working with 3 arches and I've been trying to make the arches chase down the row and back. I'm just not getting it right.

Edited by BobW

I have 4 arches of 50 pixels each. I set effects on them individually sometimes, and have a group defined that has all 4 in them. One way I get chases on them is using blended bars using 2 colors. The chases look great. Also don't forget that black is a color. So if you want chase of one color only chose the color as your first color and black as the second.

Steve

9 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

I have 4 arches of 50 pixels each. I set effects on them individually sometimes, and have a group defined that has all 4 in them. One way I get chases on them is using blended bars using 2 colors. The chases look great. Also don't forget that black is a color. So if you want chase of one color only chose the color as your first color and black as the second.

Steve

So you can't really get the classic run a segment down the line of arches and back? Just each arch doing it's thing, together and separately?

Bob W

yes you can. Have you tried grouping them? one way i just tested 

define arch group as horizontal stack align bottoms. then use the scanner effect ion the group. 

give it a try

Edited by stevehoyt

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Heres  a simple animation I slapped together with 4 arches. Also as Steve said use horizontal stack align bottoms, it works best for arches.

Arches-Test.loredit 16.59 kB · 3 downloads

Thank you. This helps a bunch. As the old adage goes.. A picture is worth.....

Bob W