Light-O-Rama Forums

Standard AC shows to RGB LED Floods

Derick

I just bought the showtime central all in one box with the SD card that has some sequences included. 

Here is my question: is there any “easy” way to convert the sequences that were included on the card that are configured for 16 AC light fixtures into an 8 flood light LED RGB show?

I know how to import/export my RGB LED channel configuration, but of course that doesn’t make for a nice looking show. The beats and timing are fantastic, but the blinking and fading of standard lights when converted to RGB LED flood lights is a crazy cluster of colours! 

Any suggestions appreciated! 

3 hours ago, Derick said:

I just bought the showtime central all in one box with the SD card that has some sequences included. 

Here is my question: is there any “easy” way to convert the sequences that were included on the card that are configured for 16 AC light fixtures into an 8 flood light LED RGB show?

I know how to import/export my RGB LED channel configuration, but of course that doesn’t make for a nice looking show. The beats and timing are fantastic, but the blinking and fading of standard lights when converted to RGB LED flood lights is a crazy cluster of colours! 

I don't think there is.  The AC controllers are 16 channels of an AC powered light or L.E.D., when you change it to RGB, it adds 2 additional channels, and what happens is the RGB channel now adapts itself to the lower 2 AC Channels, since RGB = 3 channels, so when you convert it takes 3 of the AC channels and turns them into 1 channel red, 1 channel blue and 1 channel green.

Best thing to do is add your RGB Channels and Controller as NEW CHANNELS at the end of your sequence and copy and paste from one of the original channels that had  an AC Controller on it if you want to use the same effects from that 1 AC channel..  You'd copy it to whichever color you wanted on in the RGB channels.  May still require some tweaking as RGB lights don't fade out or do other effects the same way as an AC Channel light would do.

But that's why you getting a flurry of wild colors when you try to convert it automatically.

This is the only way I know this can be done, no automatic way to do this type of changeover as far as I know.

Edited by Orville

3 hours ago, Derick said:

I do it all the time. In S4

Copy and paste the normal AC light sequence (single row) in to one row of the sequencing grid and then add the color using the color fade tool. When you copy paste from AC to RGB everything will be white. Not sure how to do it in S5 but it may be the same. 

I sequence most of my RGB floods with a normal AC channel. If I have an RGB sequence that has beat lights that I like I will copy from RGB to RGB but usually I make my own and use my animation to see how they look.

JR

Edited by dibblejr